Posting out eyelash patch tests

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy86

Reaction score
Hi geeks

This is probably a controversial topic but I wondered if anyone posts out semi permanent eyelash patch tests to their clients?

If so does your insurer allow this?

I'm finding it increasingly difficult being mobile to patch test people as some love far away and it eats into petrol etc.

I used a lash tech a while ago and she posted out the test which was very convenient for me!

Thank you in advance

Rachel x

Just out of interest, how did she post it to you? I've heard of people applying the product to a plaster and instructing the client to apply to the skin that way.
Maybe ask your insurance company for their advice?

She posted the glue in a little pot with a cotton bud and plaster!

I have checked with my current insurer but they don't allow this unfortunately.

It takes up so much time these days that I would be more than happy to change insurance company to fit my requirements!

X

I was taught to patch test on skin, it's hard to know which way is right with so many training providers teaching different methods :-/

Sure. I know about how to patch test. I have been doing patch tests for a couple of years now. I was more interested to see if anyone sends them out to their clients with their insurers knowledge?

Thanks girls xx

Please be aware that adhesive should NOT come into contact with cotton. Cyanoacrylate, one of the ingredients in all lash adhesives, reacts seriously to cotton. It will give off a white smoke and can burn you. This is the same case if you drop adhesive on your clothes or wipe up a spill with cotton pads or anything containing cotton.

Latest posts

Back