PPD reactions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammysammsam

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I have a client whom home colours her hair. Last week she had an allergic reaction to the PPD content, nearly a week later and she has finally stop swelling up bless her,

Do any of you know where I can source a non PPD containing dye for her hair I have tried some major wholesalers but they dont?!?!?!

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

Paul Mitchell, aveda, matrix ?

Do these not contain PPD the wholesalers I have spoken to stock these and said none of their lines don't contain them ?

Try searching Google for organic hair colour

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Do these not contain PPD the wholesalers I have spoken to stock these and said none of their lines don't contain them ?

Paul mitchell and aveda are only available from supplier not in warehouse, Lanza?

Just having a look at the organic hair dye on the web these still contain ppd in a minute amount, my wholesalers stock matrix but I have been informed they contain PPD, I have not heard of Lanza, will contact Paul Mitchell tomorow to check, it seems crazy that these allergic reactions are on the rise yet there's nothing In. Some of the uks largest wholesalers to suit.

Paul mitchell and aveda are only available from supplier not in warehouse, Lanza?

Paul Mitchell contain small amounts of ppd :( oh dear, I have however written a letter to home colorant companies to ask them to provide a skin tattoo for clients, perhaps they will listen (not hopeful lol )

Hi, a rep told me Alfaparf are ppd free if that's any help. (Sorry this is my first post, hope I've done it right):eek:

Thanks Tina I'll have a look at that one PPD is actually banned in most countries I found out amazing huh?

Thanks Tina I'll have a look at that one PPD is actually banned in most countries I found out amazing huh?

So all the colour houses have two separate Stock systems?

One for England with ppd in it, and one for the rest of the world not containing ppd

Alfaparf Evolution of Color Permanent Hair Coloring Creme.

Available size: 2.05 oz./58.2 g.

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth-50, Ethoxydiglycol, Lauryl Alcohol, Ammonia, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum, Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone, Myristyle Alcohol, p-Phenylenediamine, 2-Methylresorcinol, Polyquaternium-22, Sodium Sulfite, Resorcinol, EDTA, Bisabolol, Dimethylpabamidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, Simethicone, Propylene Glycol Stearate.
Details

SKU SKU1635270
Quantity in stock 997 item(s) available
Price: £4.89 (€ 5.87)

It looks to me like Alfaparf contains ppd!

Alfaparf Evolution of Color Permanent Hair Coloring Creme.

Available size: 2.05 oz./58.2 g.

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth-50, Ethoxydiglycol, Lauryl Alcohol, Ammonia, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum, Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone, Myristyle Alcohol, p-Phenylenediamine, 2-Methylresorcinol, Polyquaternium-22, Sodium Sulfite, Resorcinol, EDTA, Bisabolol, Dimethylpabamidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, Simethicone, Propylene Glycol Stearate.
Details

SKU SKU1635270
Quantity in stock 997 item(s) available
Price: £4.89 (€ 5.87)

It looks to me like Alfaparf contains ppd!
The rep is coming to see me Wednesday so I will ask him again. The reason I first contacted them was because they advertised their colours as ppd free and a client who has a sensitive scalp had used this at her previous salon with no problems. Will let you know what he says

Hi there,

After coverage in national news papers regards lady in a coma after using loreal home colour i myself have searched web looking for ppd free colour, what i found is that a lot of organic colours state they are ppd free but after talking to some pharmasists we have a clients they have all said that in organic products they are not regulated at the moment so we cannot get a 100% of what is actually put in them, so as a salon we use `Clynol` i had a reply to my email the other day stating that Clynol Viton S does NOT contain `Ammonia or PPD` which sounds fab but it contains a different chemical from the ppd family so skin tests still need to be done(we do anyway).

If a client has any type of reaction we will not proceed yes they sometimes go elsewhere but most do come back as there are still some salons that dont skin test.

Hope it helps

The rep is coming to see me Wednesday so I will ask him again. The reason I first contacted them was because they advertised their colours as ppd free and a client who has a sensitive scalp had used this at her previous salon with no problems. Will let you know what he says
The Alfaparf rep called in today and I asked him about ppd in their colours and he said "all Evolution of the colour 3d tech colours (new ones with the coloured end tabs on boxes) contain no ppd"

Hi there,

After coverage in national news papers regards lady in a coma after using loreal home colour i myself have searched web looking for ppd free colour, what i found is that a lot of organic colours state they are ppd free but after talking to some pharmasists we have a clients they have all said that in organic products they are not regulated at the moment so we cannot get a 100% of what is actually put in them, so as a salon we use `Clynol` i had a reply to my email the other day stating that Clynol Viton S does NOT contain `Ammonia or PPD` which sounds fab but it contains a different chemical from the ppd family so skin tests still need to be done(we do anyway).

If a client has any type of reaction we will not proceed yes they sometimes go elsewhere but most do come back as there are still some salons that dont skin test.

Hope it helps

I use clynol too and didn't know that! :) did that information/email come from clynol??

ooh thats good to know .. might have to look at clynol myself x

Dee....no don't lose matrix :) xx

lmao nooo wont be doing that x

Hi there,

Hope it helps
Hi there.If the colours state they do not contain PPD,theyre more than likely to contain PTDs.These are still pigments,however i think regulations mean the companies can use more of the PTDs than PPDs.You can not get a permanent hair colour that doesnt contain PPD/PTDs as these are the pigments that create the colour,however their are companies out there that do use a much lower amount of them in,therefore being better for absorbtion,but still patch testing should always be carried out.x

Latest posts

Back