PPD reactions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there.If the colours state they do not contain PPD,theyre more than likely to contain PTDs.These are still pigments,however i think regulations mean the companies can use more of the PTDs than PPDs.You can not get a permanent hair colour that doesnt contain PPD/PTDs as these are the pigments that create the colour,however their are companies out there that do use a much lower amount of them in,therefore being better for absorbtion,but still patch testing should always be carried out.x

Have you ever heard of the colourstart patch test?? Will this still work with PTD's??

This I'd fast becoming a minefield

Hi.
Yes i have heard of the patch tests you mentioned,however the colour company we use supply us with colour patch testing kits which we supply to our regular colour clients once every 6 months and always to new clients before a colour service can be carried out.
Personally i dont see how using a universal patch test kit can give a true result unless its made by the same colour manufactorer as your colour itself.
This has been a minefield for a long time in regards to colours/chemicals and levels of PPD/PTD in products and unfortunatly shows no signs of getting easier for us in the industry.It makes me very aware of what im doing.
As ive mentioned in previous posts etc my boss travels around the world with the company we use to train hairdressers from all walks of life all ages and all different levels of experience on the science behind hair colourants and products.
we are never too old or experienced to learn new things and as time is passing on people are so much more aware of what theyre using on themselves and putting on their hair/skin etc it means we have to move with the times and gain the knowledge to be confident in what we do.
I have been on salongeek for years and although i dont very often comment im always checking this site out as its full of info,tips,tricks etc and its great to mix with other proffesionals and see whats happening so im just trying to give a bit back on a subject ive worked closely in for 16 years now.
x

Latest posts

Back