Practice makes perfect?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic86x

Reaction score
Hi guys I passed my cnd shellac training last Tuesday and I have loved every minute of it. I have been practicing on my mum, sister in law, mother in law and myself so far. I am not fantastic yet but want to be the best I can eventually.

How long did it take you all to be fab at polish? The lady who used to do my nails was fab perfect application every single time.

Also I haven't been charging the 3 sets of nails I have did over the weekend. However I have two peoples nails on Tuesday night and I said I was £15 do you think that's reasonable to charge as I am just starting out.

Hi guys I passed my cnd shellac training last Tuesday and I have loved every minute of it. I have been practicing on my mum, sister in law, mother in law and myself so far. I am not fantastic yet but want to be the best I can eventually.

How long did it take you all to be fab at polish? The lady who used to do my nails was fab perfect application every single time.

Also I haven't been charging the 3 sets of nails I have did over the weekend. However I have two peoples nails on Tuesday night and I said I was £15 do you think that's reasonable to charge as I am just starting out.

I think £15 is a little low only as people don't like it when you start charging appropriately I would just make sure you tell everyone who enquires books £15 is your introductory offer the normal prices is £??

It took me a while to perfect polishing it wasn't my strong point but there are lots of fab tips on here for improving and tips and tricks about products you can use to clean up a polish job to make it look fab when you're starting out and even now if I get a frigidity client and normally a red polish I have to clean up!

I did my Shellac training last week. I've done the first 10 for £10 just as practice. Now I've got an Introductory Pricelist which lists it as £15, with £20 crossed out to show what my prices will be. I plan on doing this price for a few months, as I'm only doing 2 or 3 a week. Hope that helps! X

Thank you ladies :) I will up my price to £25 once I'm fab lol. I pay £25 for my nails & will charge that once I'm the best I can be but right now I wouldn't say £25 is what my nails are worth.

That was my thinking. I couldn't justify going straight in at something like £20 having only done a handful of sets.

If you are upfront with clients and say £25 normal price and then do an offer till your happy its a lot easier to keep loyal customers. If you got regulars at a lower price and then increased you may lose them. I did 20% off gelish for the first month. Its surprising how quickly u can improve. Acrylic is another story lol

I'd say a good year of regular clients 5-10 clients a week is enough to keep up with becoming 'perfect' although, I've been polishing for 5, nearly 6 years and still don't polish flawlessly.. It's good but not flawless /perfect.

Keep practicing and reading tips on polishing CORRECTLY - push up & pull down with your brush is the best technique I've learnt, once I started that, it all clicked into place.

Good luck.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back