Practicing for nail competition-practice fingers driving me crazy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisenewell

Reaction score
So the last time i competed in the national nail competition was in 2007...
since then being busy with the salon and all my little un's and now the time has come for me to now become a regular on the competition circuit .

My question is....i can't always get hold of a HUMAN to practice on and so am resorting to using practice fingers.

OH MY GOD....impossible to get a tip to glue onto these hideous things...absolutely impossible. I have been buffing the hell out of the practice finger (good job its not a really person because they'd have no nail bed left by now)and applying glue as per normal....just cant get a tip to stick.

I have been in the nail industry since 2004 and have never experienced anything like it.

thats not good for building confernence for your comp :D ,have you tried warming the hand up fist , maybe pop it into a bowl of hot water x

god sometimes it really shows how little sleep ive had...
just read back my post...DUH!!!....

the question was..HOW DO I GET THE TIPS TO STICK TO THIS PLASTIC FINGER...??

thanks Ceri...i will try that....bloody thing driving me mad

what u need is a glue used for nail trainer....is has a different consistency and is not recommended for personal use.
i used to play with the nail trainer from essential nail, the glue is quite expensive but i think that will do the trick and you will no longer having this problem.

what u need is a glue used for nail trainer....is has a different consistency and is not recommended for personal use.
i used to play with the nail trainer from essential nail, the glue is quite expensive but i think that will do the trick and you will no longer having this problem.

I can confirm this. Since i ordered the special glue, no more problem with tips on my nailtrainer.

perfect

thanks ladies

I sold my nail trainer and its supplies years ago...just have a few (creepy)fingers now

I will definitely invest in the glue , althu since posting i have lined up lots of models and am waiting for Liza(Smith) to get back to me in regards to a 1 2 1 in Competition nails.....last time i placed 8th...this time...i want at least 3rd :Scared:

I can confirm this. Since i ordered the special glue, no more problem with tips on my nailtrainer.

OMG. I wish I'd looked at this earlier. It has been driving me crazy this week. Especially on no.13 nail. Can't get anything to stick. I will have to order this glue. X

Latest posts

Back