Practicing on Mrs Public

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandra1984

Reaction score
Hi ladies, Im looking for some advice: Im at college doing my VTCT in Nail Technology. We only get to do sets every tuesday, I feel this isnt enough for me. Im constantly on at my own nails, Acrylic, silk, gel.. but they cant take much more.:cry: my family and friends are coming to college to be clients every week as they struggle to get members of the public, Basically i would like to know if i can advertise myself as a student needing guinea pigs to practice on free of charge, i say free of charge as i have enquired about student membership insurance but cant only get it for family and friends and not public until i am qualified. So can i practice on the public if i dont charge and make it clear that i am a practising student?
thanks for reading
Alex :) xx

You should always make sure you have suitable insurance before practising on *anyone* - as you could risk being sued in the unlikely event that someone was injured or suffered an adverse reaction while you were practising on them.

But assuming you have suitable insurance to cover you, then you could try the salon guinea pig site to find members of the public in your area, Salon Guinea Pig - Find models for practising hair, beauty and nails treatments, college courses, training courses, competitions, etc. - or if you wanted to practise on fellow salon geeks then there is a "models required" social group on here too...

i got my student insurance with stuart alexander for about £45. this allows u to practice on family, friends and public as a student as long as your tutor feels u r competent and u do not make a profit, u are however allowed to charge for products used.

hth

sarah x

fabulous !!! thank you both !! thank god for this website..xx

Latest posts

Back