Pre bonds - slippage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimeeLouise85

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Hunted high and low for a conversation regarding the following...

I have a client of mine who has gone 5 weeks without any bonds lost... Her maintenance Is next week an she's text me saying she's randomly lost ten bonds... Then she's lost a couple more...

She's saying the bonds are remaining in the same shape and don't feel sticky or tacky at 5 weeks I wouldn't expect them too anyway...

Does anyone have any advice... I've not had anyone else say they're slipping. This client is very particular with her hair and I know she is doing the correct aftercare!

I'm so baffled! X

Aimee :)
SalonGeek mobile app

Has she coloured her hair recently. ? Maybe she's greasy hair? One of my ladies has and u found they slipped quicker on her x

I have had this with one client but it turned out when I went to look that she was shedding excessively due to stress - could that be it? Especially with the timeline, that was exactly the time that my client lost bonds.

If they are slipping out with no shedding then my guess would be as above - colouring.

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Hi ladies

Hunted high and low for a conversation regarding the following...

I have a client of mine who has gone 5 weeks without any bonds lost... Her maintenance Is next week an she's text me saying she's randomly lost ten bonds... Then she's lost a couple more...

She's saying the bonds are remaining in the same shape and don't feel sticky or tacky at 5 weeks I wouldn't expect them too anyway...

Does anyone have any advice... I've not had anyone else say they're slipping. This client is very particular with her hair and I know she is doing the correct aftercare!

I'm so baffled! X

Aimee :)
SalonGeek mobile app

I had a client like this, she kept saying she was following aftercare but wasn't. I did her hair twice and after that told her I wouldn't be doing her hair anymore (cutting long story short)
Extensions aren't for everyone. Bonds don't typically come out unless they are doing something wrong especially when I have clients who haven't lost 1 in 5 months with no maintenance (again nit recommended they wear this long but can't force them to remove)
Clients often think aftercare is just based on washing and using correct products and a tangle teaser but it's not. Slippage can be from high heat contact on bonds, pulling to hard when blow drying, brushing, not drying bonds enough.

A maintenance is required at 6-8 weeks so she is almost due, again I don't converse with clients via text, I'd pick up the phone call her & say right let's get you booked in for a maintenance as your due, replace loose bonds etc & get your hair back to looking its best.

If she has excessive bond loss maybe she isn't suited to pre-bonds.

I had made a thread on this in consumer queries as I had no problems until around the 5 week point either but now i'm losing about 2 or 3 bonds a day. I am very careful with my hair and I went for my maintenance appointment and she said my extensions had been very well looked after.

I am getting to the point where I cannot wear it straight as it looks very thin and when I wear it in a ponytail some bits are longer than others where the bonds are slipping. The never come out when I brush so I know I'm not tugging them but rather i can feel the bond is lower than the others and a gentle pull it slips right out.

Hi,
I fitted 22" bonds to a client and the hair was quite heavy although her own hair was heavy and long enough and 5 bonds have come out - she has said they have just slid down the hair and I am very concerned....... I am going to do maintenance on her - this was my second set of bonds that I did - any advice??????

Hi,
I fitted 22" bonds to a client and the hair was quite heavy although her own hair was heavy and long enough and 5 bonds have come out - she has said they have just slid down the hair and I am very concerned....... I am going to do maintenance on her - this was my second set of bonds that I did - any advice??????

5 isnt too bad, try to train your ladies to expect a few to come out so they dont panic, you too ;) . Check if its a certain area, for instance I have a lady who struggles with the bottom rows, im replacing the bottom 2-3 rows with silicon lined tubes at maintenance as they have twice the length so twice the grip.

Also check your sections, bonds can vary in size per bundle if you had a slightly light section with a slightly light bond theres more room to slip but a couple of bonds is fine.

:)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

What type of keratin were they?

Latest posts

Back