Pre-designed nail tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurajd28

Reaction score
Hi,

I've only recently qualified on the NSI Acrylic Foundation Course and now want a change from doing pink + white tips/sculpts, so I've ordered some pre-designed tips.
They look fab and I couldn't wait to get started so I've put a couple on myself. The tips have got the design at the top and a clear bit at the bottom which sits about half-way down the natural nail.

When I put the acrylic on, I could still see the clear bit underneath :(
On the next nail, I tried filing some of the clear bit down but I can still see it.

Does anyone have any advice on what I need to do??

Thanks!
Laura x

When I use these I cut out most of the clear well bit with scissors and then just apply as I would a normal tip and never see the clear bit underneath the sheer pink. Also I just take the shine off the colour or pattern bit of the tip with a white block very gently to make sure the acrylic sticks to it properly as I have had occasions with some where it just lifts off! HTH:)

When I use these I cut out most of the clear well bit with scissors and then just apply as I would a normal tip and never see the clear bit underneath the sheer pink. Also I just take the shine off the colour or pattern bit of the tip with a white block very gently to make sure the acrylic sticks to it properly as I have had occasions with some where it just lifts off! HTH:)

Hi Kim,
Fabulous!!! I never thought of that, I'll give it a go now!!
Thanks so much for replying so quick!!!

Laura x

hi i was wondering where you bough the predesigned nail tips...i have been looking like crazy all over the net with no luck :(

i concentrate mainly on pre-designed tips I love them! I too have snipped away at the clear bit :) out of interest how did you find the NSI foundation acrylic course? Im doing mine in London in Jan with Lally :)

I get my pre-designed tips from the bay of e :) I do have to wait 2+ weeks for delivery but the cost is alot lower for a set of 100 compared to UK x

you have to be careful what your buying though girls as you may find that the acrylic dosn't stick to some of the cheaper tips !!! and some glitter ones it will seperate from the tip itself !! xx

yes i was worried about that lissa :) but i ever so slightly buff at the tip to help with adhesion, no probs so far :) love pre desiged tips x

hi i was wondering where you bough the predesigned nail tips...i have been looking like crazy all over the net with no luck :(

I know a lot of people frown down on eBay lol but have a look on there there's practically thousands.. Buy a pack & check the quality for your self & if you don't like then don't offer them to your clients.. They aren't too expensive so it's worth you buying some, hth x

how do you blend the tips without buffing the pattern away please? and what system is best to use on top? gel? x

Latest posts

Back