Pre pig and colour over bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND2304

Reaction score
Hi,
Just making sure what I'm planning is right!
My hair has been bleach blonde for 2 years and is damaged and dry/ breaking (pregnant and bleach was overlapped 7 weeks ago)!
My natural colour is a base 6/5 with natural warmth and stubborn to lift.
My plan is to go closer to my natural colour but more warm and only use semis to try and get my hair in better condition and give it a break.
I plan to pre colour with dialight 6.34+ 6vol and then use dia richesse 5.35 + 9 vol on roots and 6 vol lengths and ends.
Does this sound ok? Would anybody do anything different?
I plan to use olaplex in my mixtures as every time I've gone dark from blonde in the past it has literally washed out after a few washes and goes wishy washy until the bleach grows out. Will olaplex help with the fading?
Also do you think I should use 9 or 15 vol on roots, I know richesse comes out darker anyway.
Thanks

Why are you using such strong developer? I always pre pig 1-2lv. lighter then target color level to avoid too much warmth so a 6 to a target 5 is fine but you should be using 10vol or less if your hair has damage. You might need some pure K replaced for hair to hold color if its badly damaged.

Why are you using such strong developer? I always pre pig 1-2lv. lighter then target color level to avoid too much warmth so a 6 to a target 5 is fine but you should be using 10vol or less if your hair has damage. You might need some pure K replaced for hair to hold color if its badly damaged.

These are low peroxides. The dialight and richesse developers are 6, 9 and 15 VOL not % :) which is what I'm guessing you're confused with.
What's pure K?

These are low peroxides. The dialight and richesse developers are 6, 9 and 15 VOL not % :) which is what I'm guessing you're confused with.
What's pure K?

Keratin

Olaplex will definitely help with longevity and also give you a better starting point. Do a stand alone treatment before and also a Protein treatment

Latest posts

Back