Pre pig brown through blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyvictoria

Reaction score
Just got a text from a client, shes been having half head blonde highlights for years texted me today saying she wants blonde and brown, as in blonde highlights with dark brown streaks, I think she wants it to break up the blonde as I was discussing this at her last app. She said she will leave it up to me as she fancys something different. as its starting to look like a block colour now ya know? I was thinking of maybe doing full head bleach foils then put maybe an 8/07 or something inbetween flooded inbetween ?? Just don't want it to go Kharki green :) and before anybody moans at me yes I'm going to do strand tests etc blah blah blah lol. Just wanted some reassurance and people who have done this before? What colours to avoid etc etc etc all advice would be great thanks. Doing her hair on thurs going for consultation weds and buying colour weds i use wella koleston xxx

Why not do 1 bleach with 1 colour instead of doing flood x

Yeah I always do that but there's always some regrowth as with foils you can't get too close to scalp. How do you upload a picture?? She's just sent me one xxx

This is the photo she just sent me xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357490938.093732.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357490938.093732.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 941
Maybe I could get away with brown and highlift tint foils instead of flood. Hmmm not sure how to go about it like which one would be best.. xxx

I'd maybe use 77/07 colour touch plus, the 8s can look wishy washy after a while through blonde I find.
Or half 88/03 half 77/07

Having a bit of a dopey day today haha xxx

I haven't used colour touch since I was at college tbh! Never think of using it cause its a semi? Won't last long will it?? Xxx

Especially with the amount of bleach on the hair it'l be quite porous xxx

Yeah I know what you mean about the 8s, had some put through mine when I was blonde literally lasted a couple washes xxx

I usually use wella , but used affinage 8.32 on a client who wanted her blonde breaking up , if came out a really nice warm caramel blonde yet very natural looking x

I'm stupid , I find wella 7s are nice

That colour is pretty dark, but if that's the look she's going for I would try 6/77. I use it a lot over blonde as it covers really well and looks lovely and rich and glossy.

How blonde is she now? I wouldn't go for bleach but use a high lift and tone the ends with a colour touch, you can do this in the same foil - just make sure the foil is long enough that the colours don't overlap when you fold it up.

I would definately use a 6! 7s and 8s would both be to wishy washy. That picture looks like random slices, quite bold looking. Try something with a bit of warmth, Affinage 6.036 or 6.3 use their pre pig gel or spray then apply the colour mixed with Affinage Converter.

Sorry can only tell you Affinage. Remember tho this does sound like you really need to communicate and get out of her totally what she wants. Has she looked at a colour chart, that's key then you'll know how dramatic she wants it. Base 7 or 8 will just tone it down in my opinion. HTH x

Yeah I'm going for a proper consultation on Wednesday with her , then going to pick up the colours that night :), she text me just warning me that she wanted something different bless her, so i asked her to send me a picture so i can get an idea of what she wants.do they stock affinage in Sally's?

I've never used pre pig gel? What would I do ? Spray that on the hair in the foil then place the colour on top? I'm thinking of just doing lots of random foils, lots of slices! I love it when clients want something different you can be so creative with it! 6/77 looks like a nice colour think i might go with that, but With the caramel tint, how would i go about that? put the tint on the Regrowth and partly down the hair then use the colour touch for mid length and ends? I'm gonna do some strand tests and that anyway, and its going to be blonde and brown so not like a full head tint 6 so if it is too dark for her I could always put a few bleach slices in couldn't i. Ill get a better idea when I see her weds :) will upload photos too xxx

If you use 6/77 it can sometimes come out khaki as it is warm and cool

Do you think I should do back to back slices? Xxx

Thanks blue rinse, will be doing strand tests tho,what colour would you suggest? Just headed out now to work so haven't got my colour chart. Xxx

Never used affinage colours before! This will be a nice learning curve haha! Is it quite similar to wella? Xxx

Latest posts

Back