Pregancy Man/Ped Contra-Indication?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldgaltherapist

Reaction score
Hi everyone and a Happy New Year

I am not sure if posting on right bit but I am in a 'mmm not sure, can't remember moment'!

I have a client booked in for a ped and man who is in the last five weeks of pregnancy, is it ok to do heated boots and mitts in the treatment? If I can would it just be best to keep them on only for a little while or shall I just put masks on instead? I suppose blood pressure will be an issue here. I use Jessica by the way.

I hate this conundrum at this stage of pregnancy because feet and hands do suffer and it can be so relaxing to be pampered when you feel so huge! I also don't like appearing a bit thick when I have years of experience but its quite a while since I had anyone pregnant.

Thanks in advance for your help
OGT x

I would ask her how her blood pressure has been throughout her pregnancy. If it's been fine, I would use the heated booties and mitts. I used them through my pregnancy and there were no issues. HTH

Carmen

There was a thread on here a little while ago about pedis durng pregnancy. I think there were issues with the massage, as there are pressure points which can stimulate contractions.

Yes, you do have to be careful massaging the achilles tendon as they say that can start contractions.

Latest posts

Back