Pregnancy and beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candystarrstarr

Reaction score
Hi ladies just wanted to know those of you that have been or are pregnant is there anything in particular you avoid whilst giving treatments incase it can cause harm to the baby? I know it sounds silly but I find myself reading ingredients to everything from evening primrose oil that might be in an after wax lotion to lavender that's in a cleanser! I know I need to chill a bit but would love to hear all your experiences! I also do nails and panic about the fumes :-/ x

hi cant advise on the nails side but when I was pregnant and tanning I used a mask at all times, Also avoided using ingredients like lavender unless I had checked with the manufacturer first to ensure it was safe to use, if in doubt over anything then don't use it until you have clarification from the company that its is safe to do so. if your doing lots of nails a would prob say limit the amount you do and ensure you get fresh air inbetween clients also ensure you are sat correctly posture is vital you may not feel any back ache yet but you may get it once had the baby from incorrect posture whilst pregnant. ask you midwife or doctor for advice.xx

Good day ladies
in 3 days from 9 months pregnant.
I am a certified spray tan tech. I sprayed till I was 9 weeks then stopped.
Anything with strong fumes I made sure to wear a mask.
I also still received hair services.
Being that I have a cosmetology background I know that you should avoid colouring until after first trimesters
But for household things, I haven't changed much of what I used.

Latest posts

Back