Pregnancy and ELT and perming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weezie

Reaction score
https://skillsology.com/course/details/Beauty-Scho
This may be a strange question but:

When you are pregnant it is advisable not to perm or tint your hair but can you do it to your eyelashes? I am sure the exposure is minimal but I just want to make sure it is safe. Thanks for your help. :hug:

I have never been told that you cant but the rules are changing all the time x

This may be a strange question but:

When you are pregnant it is advisable not to perm or tint your hair but can you do it to your eyelashes? I am sure the exposure is minimal but I just want to make sure it is safe. Thanks for your help. :hug:

The product doesn't really touch the skin if done carefully. Our Esthetician uses a vegetable based dye. :)

Thanks for your replies. The thing is I would need to do a patch test first so would need to put some on the skin- is this o.k to do? :confused:

As far as I know there is no advice to not perm or colour hair in pregnancy, just that it may not take as well as normal. This I assume would also apply to any treatments on the lashes.

Providing a patch test was ok then you could go ahead with the treatment as long as the client is aware that the perm/tint may not take as well as normal.

During all 3 of my pregnancies I continued to colour my hair and it was always fine, it just sometimes affects some people.

Thanks Pure, the advise I found on the net about hair tinting and perming on the net is to wait until after the third trimester.

Tht sound as if the advice is just being super cautious.

If your insurance doesn't say it's a no-no, and you and the client are happy to go ahead then I would.

If you do I'd love to know how it turns out though. Will you let us know?

Latest posts

Back