Pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum2one&bump

Reaction score
Hi,
I know this topic was brought up recently with regard to a client having enhancements removed because she was pregnant, but you may know that i have been looking into training as a tech recently, i mentioned to a college that i'm 4 months pregnant and if that would be ok, not because of chemicals but just because they may not want a pregnant lady on their course for health and safety reasons or something! but anyway they contacted me and said that if i talk to my doctor/midwife they will tell me i can't do the course but they don't have a problem with it and that the decision is up to me!
This is all i have thought about for ages now and had my heart set on training in the near future as it will be alot harder to do the course once the baby arrives!
I've read some things on the internet which basically say that there is no evidence either way!
This info was mainly about working nail techs and how they can reduce the risks, surely if i'm just training, its gonna be a few days training then as and when i can practice, surely there won't be any risk! and i would wear a mask anyway!
Any thoughts???

Thanks alot!
xx

Hi,
We have a pregnant lady in our class at college and all she did was get a letter from her midwife stating how many weeks pregnant she and that she needs to be sat near a window for extra ventilation.The college provided her with a nail station near a window and they did a risk assessment to ensure appropriate measures were carried out..
Hth
xx

thanks ladies, thats very useful! :)

Latest posts

Back