Pregnant and have a new salon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyqueenB

Reaction score
Hey ladies I just wondered if you could help me out, I have found out I'm pregnant due April . I only opened my salon this year April . I wondered how you coped being off on maternity ? How long you took off for maternity..
Did you still make enough money to keep the business going?

Thanks

Help us out a little here....

How many staff do you have, are they full time or part time, or will you have to take someone on specifically to cover your maternity leave?

How is business now, have you managed to build up a loyal clientele. Was it from scratch or did you already have a clientele from being Mobile or from working elsewhere ?

Hi I'm a hair dressed I'm self employed so I don't own a salon. I've had my lo 19 weeks ago I had 12 weeks off work. 2 weeks before I had him and 10 weeks after xx

I have two members of staff that work full and part time , I worked renting a room before so I do have a client base already..

I was thinking of doing 1 day a week 3 weeks after having the baby is this a silly idea?

Hi I think that coming back after 3 weeks is quite soon. I ended up having an emergency c section and def needed at least 4-6 weeks to recover. Are you getting maternity allowance? Xx

Also just to add if you have a good support network around you then 1 day a week sounds fab, once your in a good routine. But do try and take a couple more weeks straight after the baby comes. It's a wonderful time and you will want to be with your baby all the time the first couple of months. Congrats and good luck xx

Thank you so much for the information , I am going to apply for maternity allowance I think it's roughly 125 a week better than nothing atall ..

Maternity allowance is £136.78 a week (paid every 2 or 4 weeks)
I'm 32 weeks and have had to go on mat leave early xx

Thank you so much such a help!! Xx

I've been wondering this too, I had an emergency csection last Nov. I've been thinking into the future about another baby, I'm not allowed to give birth naturally due to medical reasons.

i've been wondering this too, i had an emergency csection last nov. I've been thinking into the future about another baby, i'm not allowed to give birth naturally due to medical reasons. So i was worried about who'd have the shop open etc. There's lovely advice here.

:d:d:d:d

I know how you feel. I bought a salon in November 2009 and found out pgnatn in 2009! 6 months later, oops pregnant again! They are now nearly 3 and 2, its been hard but have got through it. Although its been very stressful and feel like I've missed out on the kids, feel free to contact me if I can help any more xxx

It's not so much the physical I was back at work after six days! It was wrong mentally you need to be their for your child bonding. I totally understand going back to work soon and would never judge, but for your child and own mental health it is preferable to be kind to youself. Feminism has a lot to answer for we feel we should be back at work ASAP or were lazy (this is how I felt). You can go back to work easy, but at what price? Attachment disorder children fill the books of mental hospitals,be careful and if you feel your taking on to much, you probably are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back