Pregnant and struggling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pika

Reaction score
Southampton, Portsmouth & Welwyn Garden City (i'm
I'm only now 9 weeks pregnant and I'm really struggling to go to work. I'm self employed, mobile. Sickness was awful so my doctor prescribed me cyclazine and that has helped a lot but I'm just feeling so tired and exhausted all day. Is this normal?

Yep! Totally. It passes when your about 13-14 weeks!! You will have more energy then- bubba is growing and developing fast at the moment so it takes it out of you. X

Will pass, first and last trimester are the worst

Try drink loads of water to keep hydrated it's very important for you and baby and if no improvement spk to gp or midwife lots of good anti sickness tablets that will help

Good luck and congrats

Thank god, I'm getting to the stage of feeling completely fed up now. Been so ratty with my OH and taking it all out on him. Was looking into what I'd receive maternity pay wise as self employed and been getting in a right flap about that aswel as I'm convinced we are going to struggle financially.

It is stressful, I used to go to bed at 8.30 every night cos I felt so tired and sick but you should start to feel better soon!

As others have said it foes get easier, I found eating a little every hour really helped with sickness and sucking sherbet lemons?!x

Reading all these stories makes me not want to get pregnant.....i hate feeling sick :(

Reading all these stories makes me not want to get pregnant.....i hate feeling sick :(

Lol not all pregnancies are like that

Iv had 3 and not been sick once
Heartburn yes

But my sis was ill with morning sickness and at one point in and out hospital with it

I had horrific sickness during my last pregnancy and ended up weighing less at 9 months pregnant than before I got pregnant!
My doc prescribed Cyclizine amongst other things. Apparently it's an anti histamine so can make you feel tired and drowsy.
The tiredness is exhausting especially in the early stages, I found it was a completely different level of being tired and was very debilitating along with the sickness. The tiredness will pass very soon and if the sickness doesn't, there's are other medicines they can prescribe.
Now is the time to look after yourself so take things easy x

Well I did 5 hours of work today, and I feel like I've run a marathon lol

I remember sobbing at about 9/10wks saying "i'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!" I was unfortunate in that my sickness lasted pretty much the duration of my pregnancy but the tiredness definitely eased off.

I found ice lollies and sucking ice cubes helpful for the sickness!

Congrats and good luck:hug:

Sooo, had an early scan at 8 weeks and everyone that's looked at the scan pics has said they think it's twins (twins and triplets run on both sides of my other halfs family) what do you all think? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385387464.811072.jpg

omg! It really looks like it doesn't it!!

xxx

They do say that when. Pregnant with twins u get symptoms a lot worse from your scan that looks like twins to me congratulations I'm 6 weeks preg and I'm feeling tired all the time I've been lucky no sickness didn't with my other 2 either so glad couldn't bare being sick all time x

Sooo, had an early scan at 8 weeks and everyone that's looked at the scan pics has said they think it's twins (twins and triplets run on both sides of my other halfs family) what do you all think? View attachment 48830

Mine looked like that I had a scan at 9 weeks and even the sonographer said it looked like twins but it isn't. On my pic the two blobs I could see was the baby and the yolk sac as it's quite clear that early on xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Did the sonographer say it was just 1?

I am nearly 21 weeks and still flipping exhausted :-( xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Sooo, had an early scan at 8 weeks and everyone that's looked at the scan pics has said they think it's twins (twins and triplets run on both sides of my other halfs family) what do you all think? View attachment 48830

It does look like twins. But btw the fact your OH has twins in his family won't be why you would have twins. It's all to do with the woman. So if you have a daughter, she would be likely to have twins if the gene is passed down. I read about twins one day because I was interested. But I hope you feel better soon :) xxx

I felt very sick with my first up until about 13 weeks but with my second I often forgot I was pregnant 😳. The first trimester exhaustion happened with both and is totally normal. I was in a different job when I had my first but I qualified as a tek just before I fell pregnant with the second and as I was in a job I loved and self employed I was able to work until my due date. When I did feel sick I was recommended by a friend to sip weak milky hot chocolate. Normally I hate hot chocolate but this really worked for me along with anti-sickness bands you can buy from the chemist.

Congratulations and here's to a H&H 9 months xxxx

Latest posts

Back