Prep for Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josiejo

Reaction score
does everyone generally use the d solve and scrub fresh before applying the shellac? I've never used it before but noticing my shellac nails are lifting on customers and wondered if it was to do with this ? Can anyone help before I go and buy it?

Thanks lots xxxxx

Protocol says to use Scrub Fresh. Are you deactivating the Cuticle Away?

Do u mean cutting the cuticle? If so yes I'm doing that , the nail is totally clear and then I lightly use a white block to take away the shine from the nail x

Are you trained?
You should NOT be taking the shine away, or filing on the nail at all.
You also should never cut the cuticle.
You aren't following CND protocol at all.

Been doing it for 15 years lol so yes I am trained . I was told to take the shine away. I've just ordered some of the scrub fresh and solar oil . How much would u recommend to charge for a mini solar oil? Xxxc

It's clear you haven't followed the manufacturer instructions for Shellac, which are readily available. Who told you to take the shine away and cut cuticles? Do you use a cuticle remover (which is what Cuticle Away is)? You should consider a Shellac course. Then you won't get lifting and will learn the proper procedures and products to use for the best Shellac service. Hth.

It's clear you haven't followed the manufacturer instructions for Shellac, which are readily available. Who told you to take the shine away and cut cuticles? Do you use a cuticle remover (which is what Cuticle Away is)? You should consider a Shellac course. Then you won't get lifting and will learn the proper procedures and products to use for the best Shellac service. Hth.
Yes I use the cuticle away. Some of my ladies have cuticle half way up their nails and pushing it back just won't look very good. I'm aware that cutting the cuticle only encourages it to grow back but If a client has always had that done then there's not much I can do .

But, as I asked in my original post, are you deactivating the Cuticle Away?
Cuticles will eventually shrink back with proper care.

I

I do use this but it doesn't seem to work as much as my clients wants . Thank u for ur time. Another question .. Would u bother with the additives? I've never tried these before. I think they look affective but reading other posts they don't seem to popular ? X

It depends on your clients really. Mine never want art/glitter/additives, but I use them on myself. They are lovely and not expensive, and very little goes a very long way. Ask your clients what they want.
Also please check out the CND website for the full instructions on Shellac, and you'll get the most you possibly can out of the product.
Good luck!

Hello
It's lifting because your not deactivating cuticle away. Attitude asks you about training because your not following the correct protocol for CND shellac. We do not need to buff or remove the shine. And if your clients are having regular treatments from you then they wouldn't have cuticle halfway up their nail.

Been doing it for 15 years lol so yes I am trained . I was told to take the shine away. I've just ordered some of the scrub fresh and solar oil . How much would u recommend to charge for a mini solar oil? Xxxc

You haven't been doing Shellac for 15 years as it was only launched in 2010. So whatever you trained in 15 years ago ie acrylic, gel, it wasn't Shellac. And the application is very different.

A Shellac course isn't compulsory as long as you hold a mani certificate and is well worth doing.

No I mean I've been doing beauty for 15 years, I've only been doing shellac for about 4years. X

Thanks attitude x

What's your normal shellac routine? It might be easier to tell.

Is it CND Shellac? If so are you using the original or new lamp and which top coat?

I use dsperse if I have something to remove and scrub fresh right before the base coat x

Latest posts

Back