Preparing for trade test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantele

Reaction score
I had an interview in a salon on Thursday for an apprenticeship receptionist position, with the chance of a therapist role in the future. I am qualified in Level 2 & 3 in Beauty however I don't have the experience to get a job which is why I'm starting from the bottom and working up. The interview went well and I was asked to go back tomorrow morning, while the salon is closed, to do a trade test so the owner can get a feel of my hands.

I don't know what treatments I will be doing and I'm not confident in some of them. I've not done a trade test before and would appreciate your advice on what to expect and how to prepare.
Do you get asked many theory questions? Do you have to do a full consultation and give aftercare advice? Thanks in advance.

I just thought how can you be on an apprenticeship if your fully qualified?

If it's for a receptionist position I don't really understand why she is trade testing you as you will be working on reception and not as a beauty therapist. I would ask her why she is trade testing you if it's for an apprentice receptionist position. X

If it's for a receptionist position I don't really understand why she is trade testing you as you will be working on reception and not as a beauty therapist. I would ask her why she is trade testing you if it's for an apprentice receptionist position. X

I was thinking this too but maybe it's because I want to go into a therapists role after the apprenticeship. She just said she wants to get a feel of my hands.

But your already qualified to level3. What's the apprenticeship for?I've never heard of an apprenticeship for a receptionist.

Seems a bit odd
I hope she's not planning on making out like your a trainee receptionist but going to use you as a level 3 beauty therapist and pay you a trainee wage.

Plus you cover reception duties in your level 2 and 3 so your already kind of qualified in it I would of thought

Seems a bit odd
I hope she's not planning on making out like your a trainee receptionist but going to use you as a level 3 beauty therapist and pay you a trainee wage.

I was going to say the same x

It's apprenticeship receptionist/ customer service

Go into this with your eyes wide open, don't let her take advantage of you, question EVERYTHING.... (In a nice way!) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

This can be common to place trainees on reception. You wouldn't be entitled to an apprenticeship if qualified and over a certain age.

Thank you for your comments. I had my trade test today, I start next week!

Congratulations and good luck in your new job x

Latest posts

Back