Prescription sunglasses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiser

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Driving earlier I noticed that I really needed sunglasses (there was some sun today, shocking!) I have a pair of specsavers glasses with prescription lenses but they are my old prescription, so I need to get them changed.

Before I do I was just wondering what other glasses wearers so in this situation? I have to wear prescription but I like the oversized glasses which you can't seem to get with prescription lenses in. I popped in specsavers at the weekend and all they have is quite thin ones.

Also has anyone had experience of those glasses you can order over the internet? I've seen sites that you send in your prescription and they make the glasses up for you?

Louise xx

I wear varifocals on account of my advanced years:green:

I get mine from Specsavers and I got a large lens pair made in to sunglasses in there quite recently:)

I wear contact lenses with my sunglasses (cos you cant get prescription lenses in them as they the big designer oversized plastic ones!) I don't wear contacts normally as I like my specs.:)

Afternoon all,

Driving earlier I noticed that I really needed sunglasses (there was some sun today, shocking!) I have a pair of specsavers glasses with prescription lenses but they are my old prescription, so I need to get them changed.

Before I do I was just wondering what other glasses wearers so in this situation? I have to wear prescription but I like the oversized glasses which you can't seem to get with prescription lenses in. I popped in specsavers at the weekend and all they have is quite thin ones.

Also has anyone had experience of those glasses you can order over the internet? I've seen sites that you send in your prescription and they make the glasses up for you?

Louise xx

Hiya, I used to work for an optician. Duncan & Todd, only known in Scotland. But anyway, you won't be able to prescription lenses in the oversized sunglasses because of the curve on the lens.

You can however get transition lenses which you may have seen advertise on the TV, they react to day light, getting darker outside and going back to normal inside. But they would be the same as tinted lenses and only available in smaller frames like what you have already seen.

Haven't had any dealings with online sites, but my fiances mum has, and she loved her new ones. She got hers from Glasses Direct Eye Glasses Prescription Glasses From Glasses Direct

hth :D

Transition lenses are no good for in the car cos they don't go dark ... and we have LOADS of sun here :green:! I had to get a pair of prescription sunglasses made up just for driving ... mind you it would help if I actually put them in the car and used them :smack:

I wear prescription sunnies all the time, I'm short sighted and hate driving without sunnies. I looked at a few pairs of big ones I could get done with prescription lenses. Just have a chat with the optomotrist, and see what they suggest.

Thaks for your replies everyone, its been really helpful.

I didn't realise you couldn't get prescription lenses in oversized frames, I'll stop looking now I know!

I can't wear contact lenses unfortunatly as I have a prism in one of my lenses.

I'll have a look on the web as some people have had good experiences with them.

Does anyone get those blind few seconds when they're driving when they have to change from normal glasses to sunglasses?!!!

Does anyone get those blind few seconds when they're driving when they have to change from normal glasses to sunglasses?!!!

I get it just taken my sunnies off! :lol:

Latest posts

Back