Presents for clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkbunny28

Reaction score
I'm too busy geeking I haven't had breakfast yet and I have to be in class in half an hour! Anyone else do this...?

Anyway onto my actual question...

I'm deciding what to give my loveliest clients as a Christmas present. I was going to go with the sensations gift packs but they don't seem to ever be in stock and I want to get this done ASAP because I don't have much time. I'm already doing well thinking about it in October!

So I was thinking of getting them Eve Taylor candles. (I'm only buying about 6 for my most regulars that would actually appreciate it - I haven't been going that long and I only do it part time because I'm studying so can't build up clients too much unfortunately..) But I can't decide which ones to get. Do I get a set of 3 and split them up into fancy gift bags with my logo on them etc or do I get each individual ones and wrap them? Also what flavours? (I never know the right word for this...)

Thanks in advance x

Go for lowest cost. Packs of 3 broken down, organza bag and a gift tag. Getting your logo on gift wrap would be quite a high cost and for such little needed a waste I think.
You could get photo paper with a blank back, print your logo on it the size of a gift tag and use a hole punch and ribbon.

Its the thought that counts so I don't think the most loyal of clients would be fussed on branded gift box's and wrap xoxo

Good point. Thank you.

Which flavours are best for Christmas? Would it be festivity or winter? I can't remember what they smell like. Wish I'd have bought them at olympia... I know for next year! x

if your going to do these gifts then go for the cheapest possible!! split them up and wrap them nicely as said. dont just think about the now but think about the future...next year and the year after when your even busier and have many more clients who are also regulars and loyal the cost of these gifts will go up considerably and then when does it end....will the gifts get more and more lavish every year?? be careful what you are getting into. most clients would be happy with a card!!!

if your going to do these gifts then go for the cheapest possible!! split them up and wrap them nicely as said. dont just think about the now but think about the future...next year and the year after when your even busier and have many more clients who are also regulars and loyal the cost of these gifts will go up considerably and then when does it end....will the gifts get more and more lavish every year?? be careful what you are getting into. most clients would be happy with a card!!!

Hmm I see what you mean. Maybe I should do a card and a smaller present. I was originally going to get the little scentsations set and split it but its not in stock :(

Thanks for the help x

Just bumping and 'hijacking' this thread. This all sounds lovely but do you advertise that you will be giving gifts out at Christmas or do you just do it for your regulars? I was thinking of doing a nice gift voucher and something special in an envelope to all those that spend £20 during December? Or is that not a good idea? xx

I send a card with a £5 off voucher to be used by the end of January.

Subsequently, January is my 2nd busiest month of the year.

X

I also do a card and a £5 voucher to be used in January :) I also throw in a hand cream or chocolates in a little organza bag :) and January is a very good month for me too xx

The First year I was in business I gave all my clients (New and Old) a Branded Box (my Logo) of hand made chocolates.
I was so happy that I have chosen a new career path that put a smile back on my face I wanted to give something back to thank them.
The next year I commissioned a friend to hand paint glass candle holders with a vanilla scented candle in a Christmas organza bag again with my Branding on it.

This year I haven't decided what to do but I have seen some boxed mini umbrellas which can be printed with my Logo. This is not only practical but a great way of advertising and getting new clients while my existing clients wander about in the rain advertising for me!
Still looking at Prices and Suppliers...

I have always given something to my regular clients,(4 years self employed) I am a beliver of looking after your 'bread & butter' clients, think how we all get a bit annoyed with big companies always offering the fab/money off deals to new clients only, I use Christmas as an opportunity to say thank you to loyal clients, £5 bottle of wine/chocolates is not too much to give back. I understand what therapists mean about the more clients you have the more you have to buy for but lets be honest if we work out what they all spend over the year its the least we can do, without them I have no job! :biggrin: I do give a Christmas card to everyone I see in December also.

Ive been thinking about this aswell. This is my first year being self employed. I started just before Christmas last year. I was thinking about giving mines a vanilla solar oil, and maybe splitting the mini scentsations box set between them aswell. I will only need about 2 boxes of the scentsations but it will be the solar oil that adds up. It's only going to be about ten clients, my regulars that book every week etc. I think that's what I will do, and I will put them in a wee organza bag with a ribbon and things.

I don't want to give them a mini solar oil because they all use this anyways. I'm not sure. I'm still thinking.

I will be doing vouchers as it ebcourages them to return to me plus its nice for them.

Its tough deciding who gets one and who doesnt though....thats what I am stuck on!

Im in such a seasonal place!

Ive been thinking about this aswell. This is my first year being self employed. I started just before Christmas last year. I was thinking about giving mines a vanilla solar oil, and maybe splitting the mini scentsations box set between them aswell. I will only need about 2 boxes of the scentsations but it will be the solar oil that adds up. It's only going to be about ten clients, my regulars that book every week etc. I think that's what I will do, and I will put them in a wee organza bag with a ribbon and things.

I don't want to give them a mini solar oil because they all use this anyways. I'm not sure. I'm still thinking.
Thats exactly what i was thinking of giving my clients with the addition of a fancy wrapped xmas chocolate. I have also had xmas cards made with a 25% voucher off any full priced treatment in january.
Like you, this is my first real xmas in business (started oct last year) and i want to say a big thank to all my regular clients for supporting me so this is just a little gesture to show them i value them :)

The First year I was in business I gave all my clients (New and Old) a Branded Box (my Logo) of hand made chocolates.
I was so happy that I have chosen a new career path that put a smile back on my face I wanted to give something back to thank them.
The next year I commissioned a friend to hand paint glass candle holders with a vanilla scented candle in a Christmas organza bag again with my Branding on it.

This year I haven't decided what to do but I have seen some boxed mini umbrellas which can be printed with my Logo. This is not only practical but a great way of advertising and getting new clients while my existing clients wander about in the rain advertising for me!
Still looking at Prices and Suppliers...

LOVE the umbrella idea! Where can you get the brollys from and are they at least half decent??

Thats exactly what i was thinking of giving my clients with the addition of a fancy wrapped xmas chocolate. I have also had xmas cards made with a 25% voucher off any full priced treatment in january.
Like you, this is my first real xmas in business (started oct last year) and i want to say a big thank to all my regular clients for supporting me so this is just a little gesture to show them i value them :)

A vanilla solar oil? Are you giving them a hand cream too or just this with the chocolate? Yeah that's what I'm thinking, just a little gesture to show I value their custom. I don't know what to give them but I will sort something out.

I was thinking of a card but just writing inside £5 off or something? But the clients I am presenting this too will come back in jan anyway as they are very regular. So maybe I could give a £5 to other clients? Hmmm what to do!

I think if I do the vouchers I might go for 25% off any treatment in Jan and then also do a 25% off for a friend voucher? Possibly get some new clients that way? Possibly add another voucher for the existing client?

I know they will be back in Jan anyway but its all about making them feel valued isnt it :)

I am LOVING the unbrella idea though but looking it seems quite expensive.

You can get Umbrellas from about £5 (inc Vat) or a boxed one is about £10 (inc VAT).

If you think about a regular client seeing you every 2 weeks over a year that is £910 they pay you for your services so, up to £10 dosen't seem that much to spend on them.

Also, most of my clients give me Christmas gifts too, ie bottles of Wine/Champagne and Chocolates.

I think if I do the vouchers I might go for 25% off any treatment in Jan and then also do a 25% off for a friend voucher? Possibly get some new clients that way? Possibly add another voucher for the existing client?

I know they will be back in Jan anyway but its all about making them feel valued isnt it :)

I am LOVING the unbrella idea though but looking it seems quite expensive.

I know, it is about being valued. That's why I want to give them a present but the money off card to use in jan would be to encourage them to return in jan but what I'm saying is the regulars would be back then anyway. So I'm thinking about only giving clients who maybe aren't so regular for the money off card. :)

You guys are awesome. I know what I'm going to do now. Get them the scentsations mini hand creams and make them a small Christmas cake each (I'm learning!!) lol how does that sound? Oh and a card - might get these logo'd. I love the S2 ones...x

I've been thinking about this a lot recently too. My idea so far is to get a small gift bag with a sample of a SpaRitual product (got loads free when I got my kit), a bar of choccie and a tealight candle in a simple holder (really cheap from Ikea)...like a little relaxation bag (thinking, bath time - light the candle, eat the choccie, try the sample...like the sample, buy the bottle from me!) Will also put a card in there.

Thinking of giving all clients (old or new) in December a discount voucher to use Jan/Feb. At first I was only going to give it to new/irregular clients to tempt them to re-book in the new year, but I feel that if my regulars get wind of it they might moan about "where's mine?!"...even though they will have been given a goodie bag ;)

Trouble I've got is finding low cost gift bags - about 50 of them. Anyone know somewhere I can get them? (Ebayed it but can only really see individual ones).

Latest posts

Back