Preventing cancellations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I only did it the once and the two people did see it, they called to apologise and even rebooked. They had just got too drunk at Christmas office do's and completely forgot about me. I had however been working every night till late and did them a favour by squeezing them in.

They still come to me and now don't do No Shows anymore. We get on well and love what I do for them. I bend over backwards for all my clients. They just felt a little embarrassed but not so bad that they would not call me. I know them quite well and would never do this to someone I did not know well enough.

Obviously this is not professional and was just me letting off steam with those two particular people.

I think your lucky they do come back to you, if it was me that just forgot and you wrote that about me id be telling everyone how you reacted and would never come to you again!

I was going to put this up in my salon.

Please let me know what you think as I'm trying to avoid those pesky cancellations and no shows but as politely as possible!

Unlike other salons we do not charge a cancellation fee as we feel this is not customer friendly, however we do require at least 24 hours notice, this is to ensure that we have as much time as possible to fill your treatment time.

Please note, although we realise that cancellations can sometimes be unavoidable, late cancellations and no shows costs the salon valuable time and money.

For bookings over a certain time and value a 20% deposit is required.

Thank you for your ongoing support and custome

OR something like that.

For those who do charge a cancellation fee how do you enforce it?? If they're a new client or don't come back surely your never going to get anything from them??

I was going to put this up in my salon.

Please let me know what you think as I'm trying to avoid those pesky cancellations and no shows but as politely as possible!

Unlike other salons we do not charge a cancellation fee as we feel this is not customer friendly, however we do require at least 24 hours notice, this is to ensure that we have as much time as possible to fill your treatment time.

Please note, although we realise that cancellations can sometimes be unavoidable, late cancellations and no shows costs the salon valuable time and money.

For bookings over a certain time and value a 20% deposit is required.

Thank you for your ongoing support and custome

OR something like that.
Sounds good!

Do you think? Thanks, it's do difficult to put a point across without sounding rude! :D

Doesn't sound rude at all

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

One thing to keep in mind is the majority of no-shows are new clients. You will always have some regulars who can never get there on time but the people who just blow you off our new bookings 90% of the time The other 10% are the ones you are closest to like friends and family (at least in my case). If appointment reminders are too much of a hassle just msg the new ones. As for my friends and family that cancel at last minute or no show, after you've been doing them for years you know who to keep tabs on there are some friends of mine I text a few times the day of their appointment to see if they're on track. Might seem annoying but I don't really care and it gets them to my chair or I know much earlier in the day if they're not going to make it.

It's the bane of our life in the salon at the moment- and has only gotten worse in the last 18 months.

That said, a client asked me to come up with some "posters" for her Facebook page recently, so I designed these.

They're a bit "cheeky", but hopefully clients find them funny AND get the point.

Attachments

• cancellation-1.jpg
    cancellation-1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 104
  • cancellation-2.jpg
    cancellation-2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 105
  • cancellation-3.jpg
    cancellation-3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 109
It's the bane of our life in the salon at the moment- and has only gotten worse in the last 18 months.

That said, a client asked me to come up with some "posters" for her Facebook page recently, so I designed these.

They're a bit "cheeky", but hopefully clients find them funny AND get the point.

They're brilliant! I think they get the point across really well without offending or putting clients off! Brilliant idea!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

i'm sitting here, reading this thread, waiting for my 6pm client who is 15 mins late......... and it's giving me a few ideas!

How do you auto message them???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use something called Text Local. You'd sign up on the website and then there's an app you can download for your phone/tablet. It allows you to send texts to clients that appear from your business name rather than a number. I feel this looks more official and professional and clients are less likely to just no show as a result xx

Latest posts

Back