Price for dip dye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
What do u charge roughly for a dip dye? To bleach up and tone???
Not inc cut/blow.
I was thinking £25.

I normally charge £25 but I'm preferring blue's £32! Serious price changes coming after new year for me xxx

Not the only one! 10% on everything x

Here here! I've been far too soft with my prices so going to grow a pair and just go for it in january x

I charge £30 :)

We charge £71 at the salon, it's still time and labour, and sometimes I use more product than on standard H/L's x

We charge £71 at the salon, it's still time and labour, and sometimes I use more product than on standard H/L's x

£71 for dip dye? Does that include Cut &finish

im £25-30 for dip dye and tone, and £50 for ombre not including cut/blow dry as this takes much longer, and more tint!! is this maybe where the pricve difference is? are we talking true dip dye or fading ombre? xxx

£71 for dip dye? Does that include Cut &finish

Nope, and the client doesn't mind paying that, for some reason even though I work in London a lot of salons don't know how to achieve the look c

I charged her £34 I didn't need to tone has the colour was nice biscuit colour, but I did colour the roots and mid lengths darker has she used to have half head h/l. Then £12 for a wet cut.

I find this technique quicker than h/l. , so I I thought that the dip dye should be cheaper than my h/l.

Nope, and the client doesn't mind paying that, for some reason even though I work in London a lot of salons don't know how to achieve the look c

Ah London, no wonder its a rip off then x

lol :)) it really is couldnt belive the price if full head highlights x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Depends how you look at it, certain parts of the country are a lot cheaper, but so is the cost of living in that area, whereas London is a lot more expensive to rent, eat , have a night out,but peeps are happy to pay £2.50 for a coffee every morning up and down Great Britain 😃

I have to agree with above. It is all down to area, if you can afford to live in London you can afford £71 for your hair. I live in Hampshire about an hour from London and I would charge about £50 for dip dye with cut and blowdry on top and I am one of the fairer priced salons. And I do pay £2.50 every morning for a coffee without thinking twice about ;)

Depends how you look at it, certain parts of the country are a lot cheaper, but so is the cost of living in that area, whereas London is a lot more expensive to rent, eat , have a night out,but peeps are happy to pay £2.50 for a coffee every morning up and down Great Britain 😃

I would pay £2.50 for a coffee and I do most days, but everyone in my area where the salon is Will not pay that and are in shock a coffee costs that much in a certain coffee shop

I have to agree with above. It is all down to area, if you can afford to live in London you can afford £71 for your hair. I live in Hampshire about an hour from London and I would charge about £50 for dip dye with cut and blowdry on top and I am one of the fairer priced salons. And I do pay £2.50 every morning for a coffee without thinking twice about ;)

i wouldnt say everyone who lives there can afford to live in londo because some cant if i lived down there which i was going to move theres no way i could afford getting my hair done down there lol i nearly choked when i saw the price of college prices in london and there training x

but back on topic i think between 30 and 40 is a fair price x

I have loads of clients who live in London and combine a trip home to the midlands with a trip to see me! Like to think its because I'm brilliant but think its more the price :)
Back to point though I would do it based on time. It takes the same as half head foils with colour between so...
Half head h/Ls with full head tint is £52 plus c/f £31 but if I had to tone the h/l then would be an additional £10...(I would probably do 10% discount too as I'm a wuss lol)
If I didn't have to do the full head colour or tone then would be half head foils which is £42 plus cut £31 or finish £20

Latest posts

Back