Price for Shellac soak-off followed by a file and polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meira

Reaction score
What do you charge if someone is coming to have their shellac taken off but is having a file and polish rather than a re-shellac? Would you charge your soak off price or just for the file and polish as they are coming back for something else?

Thanks xx

I would charge my file and polish price... Plus 50% of my usual gel polish/shellac removal price 😎

If you haven't built removal into your application fee (which I strongly suggest you do), you need to cover the cost of your product and time.

You have to use remover wraps, acetone or Nourishing Remover, orange wood stick, cotton rounds, towels etc....And then there's the issue of your time.

I'd say easily $10 for removal if she's not getting a re-service.

I treat this as two different treatments.
I don't have a soak off and regular polish price so I charge £10 for the removal and then charge for the shape and polish on top. I only give a discount on removal if shellac is being reapplied x

Thanks for your replies. I normally charge £25 for shellac which would incorporate the removal cost and charge £10 for removal if not having a shellac reapplication. And my file and polish service is usually £10. Xx

I charge £25 for shellac application, with removal included if having a reapplication.

If the client is just having it removed then I charge £10.

If the client is having a removal with a file & polish I charge £15.

I charge £11 for a file and polish plus £5 for soaking off the gels

I didn't charge for the soak off in the end. Just the file and polish and she had nail art which I charged for. She was buying the full range of brow products that I retail so it didn't feel right to charge her extra for the soak off too.

Latest posts

Back