Price of petrol for mobile technicians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimerka

Reaction score
Hi, if you are mobile technician and you need to pay for petrol, do you have these expenses like tax deductions? In Slovakia it is like this, but I am not sure if it is here. Or you need to have bigger prices which include price of petrol? What everything you can actually use for tax deductions? Thank you

Hi hun, I know you can claim your petrol back at the end of the year :), you just need to make sure you remember to keep every receipt. I only know this from talking briefly to a friend the other day, so don't know the in's and out's of it, but basically, I'm going to make sure I obtain a receipt for everything I buy and give it to an accountant at the end of the year, he can tell me what I can and can't claim for.

HTH's

xx

Not sure you need to keep every receipt as how can this show what is business use and what is personal use?

I just keep a record of mileage used for business and work out the tax allowance per mile.:hug:

Not sure you need to keep every receipt as how can this show what is business use and what is personal use?

I just keep a record of mileage used for business and work out the tax allowance per mile.:hug:

Same as me I keep both but I cant see the point of keeping all the petrol reciepts..as a matter of interest is it 30p per mile now or still 40p you can claim back?

40p per mile.

Yeah its 40p a mile and you dont need to keep any receipts.
Just attended a course with the Inland Rev and they covered this on it.

Great thanks,yes Ive attended the Inland Revenue course, but my brain must of switched off when they mentioned petrol, cause I came away and couldnt remember.

Oh another question when claiming petrol do you account for just the trip to the clients house, or is it the whole round trip,to the clients and home?

I phoned them up to query this myself last year, it's there and back and for any trip that is for the business, so going to the bank or suppliers as well.

Great thanks for that didnt know about the going to the bank one too.:)

Thanks for that hun interesting to know..mind you Im a bugger for letting my petrol go so low,I just have to go to the nearest garage before I conk out.:lol:
But I can bear this is mind now and I can see why both of the garages listed localey are always busy.

Latest posts

Back