Prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade's nails

Reaction score
Hi just qualified in nails, and I'm wondering what you charged when you first passed?.

I wanna still set my standereds high as I'm positive about my work, but as I've just passed I think it should be less!

What do you think, also how much did u charge? :0)

If your fully qualified id charge the normal prices but give yourself extra time with them so your not rushing

I charged £7 less than I do now when I first started as I needed tons of practice and to get my name out there. I called it an introductory price though and put a time limit on it.

I was thinking £15 full set and £15 pedi, what do you think?
In my area they normally charge £20

I was thinking £15 full set and £15 pedi, what do you think?
In my area they normally charge £20

Is that for a full set of acrylics or gel and what brand are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
It all depends which brand of gel you are using I suppose x

Assuming you've worked out your future price list using cost per service, all other attributable costs (tax, NI, insurance, etc) and added in how much you want to get paid per hour, taking into account the local market, you just adjust the 'paid per hour' to a point where you are comfortable with the overall price. This way you won't make much profit to start with, but all your costs will be covered.
This should all be in your buisness plan

I using nsi and cuccio gel!

Well I'm just thinking to get my money bk on product that I've brought and just because I'm new to it, but after a few months I'll up my prices! Around my area people don't pay a lot for nails, around £12-£20 for a full set, so if i done £15 for now then when they like my work hopefully they will stay with me,

The good thing about where I live there's not many or any mobile or home nail technicians, we are full off Chinese shops (live in Croydon)

OMG £12 for a set!!! I charge more for a manicure lol

Lool I know, I live in the wrong area, after a couple of months I'll up my prices

Make sure your clients know what your real prices are and that the reduced price is temporary. You could lose your client base if it appears to them that you have suddenly increased your prices.

I would set your price.. is it £15? advertise as £15 but add an offer of 20% (or more if you like) off - thats my way of thinking anyway :D

I did £5 cheaper my first 6 months then £2.50 cheaper and now after a year that's my prices in line with other salons. I always told my clients this would be happening. I haven't lost any clients putting my prices up. I just didn't have the confidence but looking back I could really have charged full price from the start I think.

That's a good idea £5 cheaper now then £2.50 after that

So I had customer yesterday ask if I do a pedi with gel for £15, because I'm only charging £15 for hands, I said no, an extra £10, I said to her it's £15 for normal pedi with polish,

Do you think I said the right thing?

Since I told her she hasn't got back to me, but it's like anything from £20-£30 for pedi with gel where I live

How much would u charge?

Im not too far from you and I charge £40.

Dont attract the bargin hunters.

What area do you live in?
Well this is it, but then I need clients, grrrr so hard, I was thinking just do gel toes for £20 for a few months :)

What area are you from?

Did you just charge normal price then when you first qualified?

I have never done any offers or specials or lowered my prices. I believe my time and products as well as product knowledge to command a higher price.

I have loyal clients who follow the correct after care.

With discounted and lower priced sets you may find more people having nails 'fall off' or 'split' simply because they dont value them enough.

But you are best to judge your area and I wish you well and lots of success.

Latest posts

Back