Pricing help/advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadAboutNails

Reaction score
Hi

I'm going to rent space in a salon...ok, just one day a week at the moment but it's a start!! My problem is bringing my pricing into line with some of theirs.
I have mini/express services that they do not have and this makes my basic file & polish to be £5. The going rate for this seems to be anywhere between £9 to £13.

I want to promote nail art to natural nail clients too....but without them having pay too much. (Nailart is from £5)

Got to pick up the little one from school...I shall post my prices in a mo!!

I just need some advice on what to do!!!

Thanks!

My pricing looks something like this. . .

file, polish & solar oil £5
mini manicure (above + condition & tidy cuticle with cuticle eraser) £8
express manicure (above + hand & arm massage) £10.50

These manicures below all involve soaking fingers etc. .

basic manicure £12.50 (the express but with soaking fingers)
manicure £15.50 (above + scrub/exfoliation)
lux manicure £18.50 (above + paraffin wax/hand mask & heated mitts)

French polish £3 per set
NailArt from £5 per set

I want to give as much service choice as possible. The only problem I have is although my basic manicures upwards seem to be the going rate. My file and polish is cheaper..... I can't see a way round it. Can anyone advise?:eek:

thanks guys!!

MadAboutNails said:
My pricing looks something like this. . .

file, polish & solar oil £5
mini manicure (above + condition & tidy cuticle with cuticle eraser) £8
express manicure (above + hand & arm massage) £10.50

These manicures below all involve soaking fingers etc. .

basic manicure £12.50 (the express but with soaking fingers)
manicure £15.50 (above + scrub/exfoliation)
lux manicure £18.50 (above + paraffin wax/hand mask & heated mitts)

French polish £3 per set
NailArt from £5 per set

I want to give as much service choice as possible. The only problem I have is although my basic manicures upwards seem to be the going rate. My file and polish is cheaper..... I can't see a way round it. Can anyone advise?:eek:

thanks guys!!

Hi hun,

Why are you offering a mini and an express, I've always thought they were the same thing?

Also an express is supposed to be quick so I would swap the express mani description for the basic mani description because I think your massage oil or cream will cost a little more than a finger soak (products wise) otherwise I think your prices are fine!

Hope this helps!! :)

The only problem that I can see is that you may have TOO MUCH choice! If I was coming in for a manicure I think I'd be a bit lost.

Not sure if it'll help, but here's what I offer:

10 minute manicure: file, cuticles & clear polish £5
Mini-Manicure: as above but colour or french polish £8
Solar Manicure: soak, solar manicure, solar butter, file, cuticles & polish £14
Luxury Manicure: soak, SpaManicure products, heated mitts, file, cuticles, polish £18

I chose the pricing structure as I think it reflects the amount of work that goes into each one and the time involved. I have considered altering bits but I find that customers like a good range but not too much choice! Have you spoken to the others to find out why they don't offer as many options as you?

HTH

Hi....

Thanks for your input everyone... I was kind of trying to have two levels of manicures...one with finger soaks and one without.

My reasoning was the without ones were aimed at clients who didn't need much cuticle work or the younger girls...hence cheaper prices. The rest were . . well normal menu stuff. I have done nailart to raise money for local charity in the past and I get alot of interest in the nailart on their own natural nails but don't want to pay for a full manicure on top of the nail art price...so i would like to offer a kind of compromise. I would also try and recommend which manicure is best suited to their needs.

I think maybe I do have alot of choices but I'd like to have something for everyone! That's just me!! I will swap the basic/express manicures and drop one as they are so similar afterall..like Rose suggested... Thanks! I like my mini mani as I would advise this to natural nail clients if they needed a tidy up before applying the nailart.... and as it is part of my soak off package, thought I'd better price it up too.

I may have to raise my price for the file and polish to the going rate but afraid this will knock the rest of my prices out... and put some clients off their nail art! £10 for file & polish plus nailart...compared to say £14 if I raise them?

Not many other salons do nailart and those that do seem to play thier prices close to their hearts! Their answers are usually vague or say it depends how long it takes..... this has put me off getting nailart before so now that I'm doing it, I'd like to be a bit more up front. Everyone seems to know what a set of nails cost but ask about nailart?!!! Hmmm....they're not sure yet when I do nailart for charity, I'm chocca with people wanting it done.

Hmm..I've probably wandered off post now? Anyway, thanks everyone for your opinions and advise. It's made me think.... and I'll juggle things about a bit.

MAN xx

Latest posts

Back