Pro Tip Clips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really liked the cnd wraps!! Such a shame they're gone. I usually use foil, but bought the clips from eBay. They are good, but I found the acetone just dried up and the gel was left on the tip of the nail. I'll probably stick to my foil!! View attachment 78829

I was curious and bought some of these cheapies off eBay, and think they work really well! I used small pieces of cotton pads and really soaked them in remover (I don't use pure acetone I use the cuccio remover so don't know if that makes a difference) x

I've used my ebay clips on a few clients now and love them!
They don't compare to the CND wraps (I agree it's a shame they've stopped them) but, they're sooooo much better than the foil method!

I've just received my 2nd set, thought I'd better get some more!

I wrote this yesterday on the other clip thread about the eBay clips but thought I'd post here as well.

I've just received mine (eBay clips) and they're amazing! And so cheap! Ive done a dozen removals so far with them and I actually used one hand pro tip clips (fellow nail tech friend has a pair) and one hand my eBay clips. Absolutely no difference in soak off and, although, the pro tip clips are tiny bit thicker for the plastic I see no point in spending the extra money when these clips are just a s good.

I wrote this yesterday on the other clip thread about the eBay clips but thought I'd post here as well.

I've just received mine (eBay clips) and they're amazing! And so cheap! Ive done a dozen removals so far with them and I actually used one hand pro tip clips (fellow nail tech friend has a pair) and one hand my eBay clips. Absolutely no difference in soak off and, although, the pro tip clips are tiny bit thicker for the plastic I see no point in spending the extra money when these clips are just a s good.

What is the link to the ebay ones please?

I bought cotton wool balls as using cut pads for removal with the clips hadn't worked. I gave up on the clips but yesterday gave it another go with the cotton wool balls. Another fail :( the free edge of all the nails doesn't remove. I cant get the clips to work. Sad :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you are having a lack of success then you must be doing something wrong ... Seriously.

I make sure that the free edge is not only covered, but that the pad wraps over the free edge and that the clip is positioned properly so as not to move it off the free edge. Never had a problem with the free edge being removed if I make sure of those things.

I think PTC's are the best thing since sliced bread ... Very quick to apply, nice and snug and they do the job perfectly.

If you are having a lack of success then you must be doing something wrong ... Seriously.

I make sure that the free edge is not only covered, but that the pad wraps over the free edge and that the clip is positioned properly so as not to move it off the free edge. Never had a problem with the free edge being removed if I make sure of those things.

I think PTC's are the best thing since sliced bread ... Very quick to apply, nice and snug and they do the job perfectly.

I know Geeg im SO frustrated its unreal. I just cant get it to work. Each time its the free edge....I just want to scream :-( I will keep trying though! I will not give in :banghead:

I totally agree with Geeg. I buy little square pads which I cut I half so they are about 1 inch wide. I soak in remover then place on nail and wrap OVER THE FREE EDGE AND SLIGHTLY ONTO THE PAD OF THE FINGER.

These clips are the best thing I've ever used so much more cost effective than wraps plus you can take them off and re apply if needed. The only time I have trouble is if I haven't fully covered the free edge or if the clients hands are very cold. In which case I place their hands on a hot water bottle to warm them up xxxxx

I totally agree with Geeg. I buy little square pads which I cut I half so they are about 1 inch wide. I soak in remover then place on nail and wrap OVER THE FREE EDGE AND SLIGHTLY ONTO THE PAD OF THE FINGER.

These clips are the best thing I've ever used so much more cost effective than wraps plus you can take them off and re apply if needed. The only time I have trouble is if I haven't fully covered the free edge or if the clients hands are very cold. In which case I place their hands on a hot water bottle to warm them up xxxxx

Ive tried cutting cosmetic pads into strips folded over the free edge but I had the same issue, the free edge didnt budge :( id like to know how thick the cotton pads should be or what brand? Im determined after the money I spent to get the to work ;)

Lol I know what you mean. Must admit I use acetone I read a thread on here that said people were find the nourishing remover not working as well but I can't comment on that cos I dont use it. Perhaps try just acetone.

Also I file and shape the clients nails before I put on the clip which breaks the cap at the end of the nail. I definitely find that warming the hands works a treat. The free edge is always harder to get off as I find soe of my clients nails are drier at the end.

Xx

Ive tried cutting cosmetic pads into strips folded over the free edge but I had the same issue, the free edge didnt budge :( id like to know how thick the cotton pads should be or what brand? Im determined after the money I spent to get the to work ;)

I just use regular cotton pads from salon Services cut into strips and they're working fine. Are you using enough remover on the tip part of the pad?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use square pads that are sort of a square folded into a smaller square lol. I'm crap at explaining things.

One thing I do know is the paper type wipes don't work they don't hold enough acetone xxx

Ive got cosmetic cotton pads round one that id cut up. Im stumped :-( x

Ive got cosmetic cotton pads round one that id cut up. Im stumped :-( x

I've tried those and I found that they soaked up the acetone a bit too much. The ones I use aren't cotton wool based or paper based but sort of lint material. Wish they had a name 😣 xxx

Could you when you have time take a pic for me so I can see. Sorry for being a pain :D x

Could you when you have time take a pic for me so I can see. Sorry for being a pain :D x

Ok see if this has worked lol xxx. This is the wipe unfolded it's about 4 inches square it's sort of holely do you see xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 154
Ok see if this has worked lol xxx. This is the wipe u folded it's about 4 inches square it's sort of homely do you see xx

This is how they come in the packet usually 200 hundred of them and I paid £2.50 xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 121
For those of you having issues with product at the free edge remaining in place, try folding your pad over the back of the finger more. Also, when you remove the protip clips, how wet still is your chosen medium?

Believe me, I struggled with removal using foil before I got these clips and now it's a totally different experience. My main objectives are not allowing my pad to dry out and by that I mean it cannot just be damp, it has to be properly wet and you maintain this by using a pad that can hold enough product for the time you are leaving the clips on for. Also by having good contact with the nail, which is why I choose cotton wool.

Everybody uses different things as pads. I dont get it? Has anyone had to tighten there clips from the start? Thanks K-Nails for the pic x

Latest posts

Back