Pro V vs TS20 - know it’s been asked before but

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayM

Reaction score
Hi Guys, looking to place an order with LA tan for either a Pro V or TS20. I’m just starting off but is it better to invest in the Pro V or will the TS20 suffice?! I’ve been humming and Harrington for ages and need to bite the bullet! Is the Pro V worth the £60 difference?

Thanks for the much needed advice!

Have you already ordered. Both machine are for professional use. Please let us know if we can assist.

Looks like the Pro V is on offer at the moment and actually cheaper than the TS20! Although I have the TS20 and have had it years with no problems, I have to say I'd be very tempted by the Pro V, especially at that price! Reviews for both machines are good but the styling of the Pro V definitely looks sleeker and more up to date I think.

Yes the Pro V is a lovely looking machine and more up to date than the TS20. And on offer!!!

Looks like the Pro V is on offer at the moment and actually cheaper than the TS20! Although I have the TS20 and have had it years with no problems, I have to say I'd be very tempted by the Pro V, especially at that price! Reviews for both machines are good but the styling of the Pro V definitely looks sleeker and more up to date I think.

Thanks! Is it cheaper on th LA tan website? X

Yes the Pro V is a lovely looking machine and more up to date than the TS20. And on offer!!!
Hmmm, now I'm really tempted to upgrade! I'm just thinking with Prom season coming up it might be a good time to get another machine as both myself and my daughter use my old TS20. We've also built in a specific spray tan room into our new salon (although not quite finished) so will be trying to promote tans even more then.

In your absolute honest opinion, should the Pro V be as reliable and long lasting as my TS20? I did use one on one of the tanning courses I did and it was quite different to use (more trigger sensitive), but I'm sure I'd get used to it!

Thanks! Is it cheaper on th LA tan website? X
Yes, much cheaper! Thanks to your post I've now bitten the bullet and ordered one because it really is a good price! It's arriving tomorrow so I'll let you know as then I'll have both machines to compare! X

Yes, much cheaper! Thanks to your post I've now bitten the bullet and ordered one because it really is a good price! It's arriving tomorrow so I'll let you know as then I'll have both machines to compare! X
What do you think of the pro v and what differences did you notice?
I intended to order a new ts20 so interested to know what you think

Word of advice... On the pro v hose the side that attaches to the machine, tape it up. It gets really hot and the glue holding it together melts and it will come apart xx

I had to postpone delivery until tomorrow so I will update as soon as I've tried it out!
Word of advice... On the pro v hose the side that attaches to the machine, tape it up. It gets really hot and the glue holding it together melts and it will come apart xx
Thanks for the tip, I'll do that. Is there anything else I should look out for? X

I had to postpone delivery until tomorrow so I will update as soon as I've tried it out!

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that. Is there anything else I should look out for? X
No, its a nice machine apart from the hose issue xx

No, its a nice machine apart from the hose issue xx
I used my new Pro V for the first time today and I just cannot get the hose to stay in the hose connector on the machine! (The bayonet end). The manual says to turn it anti-clockwise but the turning slots are positioned so that you have to turn clockwise to tighten it!? Either way, my hose doesn't "click" into place and just falls out as soon as you turn the machine on! Does your hose attach securely? X

I used my new Pro V for the first time today and I just cannot get the hose to stay in the hose connector on the machine! (The bayonet end). The manual says to turn it anti-clockwise but the turning slots are positioned so that you have to turn clockwise to tighten it!? Either way, my hose doesn't "click" into place and just falls out as soon as you turn the machine on! Does your hose attach securely? X

You have to turn it quite hard to feel it click in, once in it definitely won’t come out, hope that helps x

You have to turn it quite hard to feel it click in, once in it definitely won’t come out, hope that helps x
With some careful "wiggling" Ive finally got it attached! I don't think I'm going to try and take it off again in a hurry! X

I turn mine clockwise to lock. Pleased you got it sorted. Mine was a bit hard to do at first but after a while it goes in easy xx

I turn mine clockwise to lock. Pleased you got it sorted. Mine was a bit hard to do at first but after a while it goes in easy xx
That's what I'm hoping! Now I've got it sorted we're going to give it another try later. My daughter got her tan Friday but I didn't because of the hose issue so it's my turn next! X

After my little glitch with attaching the hose I have now used my new Pro V twice so hopefully can give you a comparison to the TS20. There is no doubt that it is a much more sophisticated machine. Rather than just an on/off switch like the TS20, the Pro V has 6 different power settings. The gun also has 6 settings and is much easier to adjust accurately to get the right flow. It is a much more comfortable gun to use I thought too. I like the cup/gun holders on the Pro V, which the TS20 doesn't have and I often found the gun fell over when I put it down.
On the recommended power setting the Pro V is quieter than the TS20 too.

The hose is quite a lot shorter than the TS20 and as mentioned by donnamich above, it did get very hot! I also had problems with solution leaking from the cup on both occasions, despite only filling it just over half way and ensuring it was tightly screwed to the gun. It came with 3 cups though so I'll try a different cup next time and see if that makes a difference. The cups are much smaller than the TS20 but I don't see that being a problem.

So, as long as I don't keep having leaking cups I would say it's an excellent machine - especially at the current price! X

Latest posts

Back