Probably a stupid question about tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tasha555

Reaction score
I haven't yet bought any equipment for spray tanning, i have been trained and passed back in april. My nails have kicked off and is going all well, with the extra money i have decided to buy myself a tanning kit.

The question i have is, i'd like to purchase crazy angel tanning, i've used it and i've seen the lasting effects, however i would only be able to afford a 1 ltr bottle, so it would be enough till i can visit the warehouse again, say if i bought a 8% and someone wanted to be slightly darker, if i sprayed over them again with a 8% would their tan go darker?

It sounds so stupid, but it would save me buying a 6% and a 12% bottle, whereas if i know a 8% sprayed over a client twice makes them slightly more darker than using another % bottle..

Hope this makes sense, i've confused myself more.

You will need a range of %'s, but you can save money by mixing lets say you buy 8% & 12% you mix half & half to make 10%.

In my experience, & opinion you will need a higher solution aswell 70% of my clients prefer a darker tan. Xx

Last edited:
Hi, Crazy Angel solution is in my top 5 tanning solutions however the spray gun that comes with crazy Angel kit isn't a good one I would buy. I would buy a maxi mist spray gun but that's depending on how many tans your doing? :) x

Ok thank you. I wasn't really told about mixing in my training, but obviously with bottles costing £30 odd each its a bit pricey for me right now, so i wanted to start off with a % that would suit the majority of clients.

Definately invest as much as you can in your machine...I have the maxi mist its really good but i am looking at a higher end model now x

Ok thank you. I wasn't really told about mixing in my training, but obviously with bottles costing £30 odd each its a bit pricey for me right now, so i wanted to start off with a % that would suit the majority of clients.

Thats not a bad price for tanning solutions, why don't you do 2-3 tans & use that money to buy a 12% then you have the 8-10-12%'s so if you get someone who prefers a darker tan you have the 12.

There are darker solutions than the 12 aswell again you could (if you have the demand) buy the 16, you can then mix the 14% too.

To mix, just mix equal amounts, ie 50ml of 8 & 50ml of 12=10.
50ml of 12 & 50ml of 16 = 14.

So for the price of 3 bottles you have 5 different %'s. Just saves you alittle bit of money until you find out what your clients want.

Good luck :)

Xx

Latest posts

Back