Problem client with nano rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdawson24

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just looking for some advice. I have a client that I fitted nano rings in 2 weeks ago, she has emailed me a few times since saying she isn't happy with the hair, she has sent me pictures also. The hair looked fine in the pics just needed brushed.

She is now requesting that I give her a full refund and is asking whom my supplier is and to see receipts. So I have gave her the supplier information and sent her a picture of the receipt, she is not trying to work out how much she has paid for the hair and how much I have taken for labour.

She has emailed me saying she is getting them all taken out (no one else round here does nano rings so won't have the tools) and she is asking for my receipt with my personal details on it.

I'm just wondering do I need to give her my receipt. Everything is legit and I don't mind her seeing it, I have sent her a picture but I'm not sure i'm comfortable with her having my receipt.

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and have done several free maintenance appts for her since she has been a pain to try and keep her happy. This is really stressing me out and I want to just get rid of her!

Any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks

I wouldn't give her anything, receipts or refund without seeing the hair in person, did she not sign a disclaimer at consultation with you?

U should never have have out your suppliers information sound alike a typical "really want extensions but now can't be ar**ed with them" sort of client under no circumstances does she get refund without u seeing the hair and no she can't have the receipt as you need that for your books x

Hi there,

Just looking for some advice. I have a client that I fitted nano rings in 2 weeks ago, she has emailed me a few times since saying she isn't happy with the hair, she has sent me pictures also. The hair looked fine in the pics just needed brushed.

She is now requesting that I give her a full refund and is asking whom my supplier is and to see receipts. So I have gave her the supplier information and sent her a picture of the receipt, she is not trying to work out how much she has paid for the hair and how much I have taken for labour.

She has emailed me saying she is getting them all taken out (no one else round here does nano rings so won't have the tools) and she is asking for my receipt with my personal details on it.

I'm just wondering do I need to give her my receipt. Everything is legit and I don't mind her seeing it, I have sent her a picture but I'm not sure i'm comfortable with her having my receipt.

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and have done several free maintenance appts for her since she has been a pain to try and keep her happy. This is really stressing me out and I want to just get rid of her!

Any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks
she is taking the piss man up and tell her to do one people like this are the types that just wanna know where you get your hair from so they can get there mates to fit it

Chin her lol ... Sorry I HATE people like that. Money grabbing !

lol hahaha i wanted to say that but thought i was being kind of polite

Lol be polite to them but tough love helps ! Act strong and tell her to ram it. X hehehhehe

thanks for the replies some of them made me laugh! I have other clients whom I have fitted the nanos and they are loving it. I have actually seen the hair and replaced 25 strands for free - the hair was fine to me but looked like she hadn't given them a good brushing! She admitted she was using a 'normal' brush and looking at the strands she had actually ripped them out her head. I reminded her several times the importance of aftercare. She really is just chancing her luck. She keeps emailing me and trying to be nice now, but then turning on me and saying she's so disappointed she has spent all this money. If you could see the messages she's been sending me you would be appalled! Can I tell her to do one? What if her hair gets messed up by someone taking them out weird or something :S I'm worryng about this so much and do actually feel bad for the girl but i'm pretty confident her aftercare is the problem. This is my first time encountering a problem client and i'm really not sure where I stand. P.s she has signed a form and I have emails that i have sent her stating that I cannot refund the hair once it's in the head to which she agreed!

Try not too worry, I think she didn't realise the up keep of hair extensions. Tell her that you've advised her on how to look after them and to keep them looking luscious. I think she us trying to pull a fast one. If your still unsure than talk to your place you trained and see what advise they can give. I've got this all to come :( x

If you got her to sign something than she can't go back on that. There isn't a problem with how you fitted them I think she just isn't take care of them and the maintenance. Tell her that unfortunately she signed an agreement and before there's no damage she Wong be getting her money back x

i do hope you got her to sign a waver ? or consultation sheet ?
if so just refer her back t the care section and say your more than happy to remove them for free if your worried but as there is no problem with fitting or hair its up to her but nooooo refund at all removal for free should be enough and you need to keep a copy of these messages for your insurance hun
but personally if it was me i would tell her what i think and risk loosing one client after all she may have a big mouth and bad mouth you but if she is that bad your prob not the first she has done this too and wont be the last people tend to not listen too much to nut jobs like this
she has no right to see receipt or a refund unless the hair was faulty and melted off her head when sold as human
she is just trying it on i would just say no ill remove them for free but no refund

Yea I agree, if your really worried, and just want rid of her, maybe suggest a free removal, but make it clear that's all you will be offering her.

If she cant be bothered to look after them, that's not your fault and shes already admitted to using the wrong brush so what else is she doing wrong! I mean, buying an extension brush is one of the easier aspects of aftercare, what about all the more time consuming things. She's obviously not doing them.

Tell her there's nothing wrong with the hair, its the same as you use in all your clients, and that you cannot be held responsible for her not following aftercare, which will make the hair more difficult to manage. Also explain you have already carried out a free maintenance and that during this you could see the only problem was the aftercare. She now has the choice to keep them in, follow the aftercare and return for maintenance checks like all other clients or have them removed if she feels that extensions are not for her.

Good Luck!

Thanks folks, I have told her I will remove them for free and she's saying because she paid so much she wants a full refund to go to a salon to have them put in! No one round here even does the nanos and there is nothing wrong with the way they are put in, a few a slid out but like I said it looked as if they had been yanked out from brushing too hard! She has now emailed me again saying she is going to buy the an argon oil mask and see if that helps then get back to me, I haven't replied to her so far!

If she signed a waiver that said you can't refund money after the hair is put in her head, then show it to her. She can reread the waiver and see her signature and she'll realize that she agreed to it. I would also find a tactful way to explain to her that it's not your fault they aren't working out for her. She is the one responsible for the at home care of them.

Maybe a Mask isn't going to help!! One of my clients used a mask and it made her extensions dry, my supplier said its due to the mask drawing out the oils. I hope it doesn't make them worse and cause you more hassle!!

Tell her she is not intitled to a refund for the hair as she signed a waiver, plus the issues she is having with her hair are caused by her aftercare. She also cannot have a refund for your labour as you put them in correctly.

Why the hell would you give her a refund for them just so she can get the same hair put in elsewhere?? What an idiot!

Ermmm has anyone got a template or an example of these waivers? I do have one but I'm starting to doubt it covers everything it should need to!!

Just thought I would give you guys an update. The girl started sending me several emails between last night and this morning saying 'the customer is always right' 'you should be refitting my extensions for free' and sending me pictures of ones that had slid out. So after seeking advice I decided to send her a final email stating that I had carried out the service she had paid for and that I feel the condition of the extensions and slipping and due to poor aftercare and not using the recommended products/brushes and that there would be no further correspondence from me and she will need to find another extensionist to do her maintenance. I then blocked her on Facebook and have unpublished my private page for a couple days (she is the type to bad mouth me publicly)! Feels like a weight off my mind but i'm just waiting for a phone call or txt as she has my number, feel like never doing extensions again! Jeeez!

What a night mare !!!! Defiantly a problem client , what area are you from would It be worth saying so others could avoid ? Just a thought !:) hope your ok though !!!

She has been an absolute nightmare from day 1, I should have known better but will know for next time. I have another client booked in for extensions but I feel like just telling her i'm not doing them because this has knocked me so much! I'm just outside Glasgow, I don't know anyone else that does the nano's but i'm sure she'll find someone who will give it a bash! None of my other clients have ever been like this, makes me appreciate them so much more lol

Just thought I would give another update. I have now had to involve the police as this girl has harassed me for several days and threatened me. I blocked her on facebook and she sent me 10 abusive txts threatening me and calling me a low life piece of scum and that she knows personal things about my friends and partner so i'd better 'watch'. Please people if you ever have any doubts about a client just DON'T DO IT! I've cancelled all my other appointments as I can't even look at a hair extensions at this point.

Latest posts

Back