Problem Filing away the White.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klara

Reaction score
When I do natural nail overlay (no tips, just natural short nails) with gel, I was taught the following procedure:
1. prep
2.liquid bond
3. thin layer of natural/pink gel
4. cure for 2min
5. paint on white
6. cure for 2 min
7. thicker layer of natural/pink gel
8. cure for 2 min
9. buff /scrubfresh
10. finishing gloss
11. scrubfresh

The problem is that when I buff the nail, the white paint is removed (not all part of it) :eek: . What do I do wrong ? I don't think that I buff hard. Do I need to add extra layers to protect the white paint? :confused:
Is there any other way?

I used to do this too, and solved the problem with a thicker (not too thick) layer of clear over the white.

I now find with careful application of the final clear layer, minimum buffing is required and therefore no problem
HTH

I do it a different way.

- Prep
- Liquid bond
- Thin layer of gel cure 2 mins
- Builder layer cure 2 mins - wipe
- Refine enhancement
- POW cure 2 mins
- Apply top gloss cure 2 mins - wipe

i always do a builder layer on NNO....over the white, this way its well sealed underneath and no chance of filing the white off...unless you was really file happy...:lol: x

I do it a different way.

- Prep
- Liquid bond
- Refine enhancement
- POW cure 2 mins

I tried that, but got a bit of a ridge where the white was, it wasn't really masked by the top coat - any suggestions ??

I apply my POW with my Brisa gel brush, so my white is a very thin layer. I apply two layers of pow if the coverage looks a little streaky with one. Cure the first layer, re apply, then cure the second. My top gloss layer is a little thicker when i do it this way, but i always have a nice flush enhancement xx

I do it a different way.

- Prep
- Liquid bond
- Refine enhancement
- POW cure 2 mins
This is how I do it. too, and I' ve never had any problems...

adelekeegan1 do you mean that the paint on white you put one layer of clear (as I described) or two?
Maybe I get file happy..:smack: I have to change that..

I do it a different way.
- Prep
- Liquid bond
- Refine enhancement
- POW cure 2 mins
Thank you Nicki-Marie and Kelly I'll try this method too, see if it suits me better.

adelekeegan1 do you mean that the paint on white you put one layer of clear (as I described) or two?
Maybe I get file happy..:smack: I have to change that..
I put one layer of clear builder over the white making sure that it is thick enough and as even as possible, therefore requiring minimum filing:)

:) Thank you adelekeegan1, now it's clear to me.

Latest posts

Back