Problem nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflys

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a lady yesterday that had the hardest nails I have ever had to do. She told me that as a child she had badly bitten her nails and as a result all her nails didn't had a side wall. I did take a pic of before I started but as I was not happy with the finish result I didn't take a pic.

I did start by giving her natural nail tips to make the side walls but they kept on falling off as she also had funny shaped nails.

Her nails were very bendy, very thin and if you looked down the nail they all looked like a wave. (if that make sence).

I also tried to put foams on her but as the nails were wavy they would not sit properly.

I ended up putting pop-its on her which was also hard but got there in the end. Some of her nails ended up like you had removed the product from the cuticle to the free edge so making them look smaller at the free edge (if that also make sence.)

She said that she was happy as she had had them do before, but after a couple of days they all fell off.

I would like to dbe the nail tech that could give her great looking nails that stayed on.

Please someone give me advice.

(I was temped to ask her if she would be a model for me and come with me to my next training day, or to ask my trainer if she could see her nails and explain what I am doing wrong and to give her lovely nails.)

Nicky

Getting her to come to a training day sounds like a great idea Nicky. Your tutor should be able to help. Hopefully then you will be able to give her fantastic looking nails that will stay on.

No advice from me I am afraid as I am only just starting out, but I always like to go the difficult route when learning as I think it makes you think and work harder.

Good luck with finding a solution.

Trish xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you can work together with this client through the breakages and the problems that she will get until she gets a bit more nail to work on then you will win out.

Just don't give her any false hopes at this stage ... she will loose nails .. that is the nature of her having such a small nail plate to work on. This needs to grow a bit before you will see real success. A strong nail enhancement needs a strong base to really last and until she can grow a stronger base she will experience some problems .. but get past THAT and she will do better and better.

Latest posts

Back