Problem renting out space

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metamorfosis

Gel Polish Stylist of the Year 2016
Reaction score
Has anyone else found it difficult to find a decent therapist/technician to rent rooms/nail desks in salons?

I've got a beauty room and a nail station to rent and I've had plenty or interest but everyone so far has either had shocking work standards or been unreliable and I'm starting to wonder if it is more hassle than its worth?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Where is your salon hun? X.

Wirral, I'm starting to wonder if I should bother or maybe my standards are too high?

I am in Liverpool , how many days a week where you looking for ? And is there a market for nail services etc in your salon ? X

Do not lower your standards. Do you conduct interviews with potential room renters? You have to get the right person as it reflects on your salon.

I would get any potentials to show you examples of their work and arrange them to have a trial period.

It is hard to get good therapists these days but there are plenty out there. It's advertising in the right places or asking if people know anyone that is looking for space.

Or depending on what services you are looking for them to offer, might be worth getting a pediatrist or holistic therpapist who may (or may not) have high standards themselves.

The last thing I want to do is lower my standards but finding it hard to settle for anything less than perfect lol! I always interview, quite relaxed though. One girl told me she refused to be interviewed as she's her own boss and as I'm not employing her I have no right! It just seems like all I'm getting is unreliable, unqualified, or down right poor workmanship. Losing the will to live here lol!

yes i had the same problem, I had a massage therapist who was very unreliable so she had to go, then two beauty therapists one turned up with her stock of sallys own products and no7 nail varnish, the other had no idea used to bring her brat to work with her, so they had to go! I then turned the space into more hairdressing sections and have rented them all out and all good!

This is exactly the problem I have had with my nail desk. It's right in the window on a very busy road and the two girls I have had didn't seem to realise what a great opportunity they had to kick start their business on minimal rent. One thought it would be handed to her on a plate and the other wanted it on a pay as you go basis, only paying for the time when she was doing a client. Crazy! I feel like giving up now!

I would jump at the opportunity and absolutely work my arse off if I was in these girls situations.
But unfortunately there's no business for just mani,pedi & nail art to rent a desk so I'm still saving for my shellac kit. But id like to rent a desk in the future but its just a case of furthering my education to get there.
There are lots of ladies who are serious and passionate about what they do (like me!) and I'm sure you will come across the right person soon enough. :)
Sam
Xx

I have similar problems had massage therapist who complained at 2o0 rent a month I helped her start her business with my contacts left after a year to pay 20 per day in a competitors salon. My first nail tech Wd turn up when she wanted again with my clients my new one I hope is good although looks like she's been treating a client at home as seen on Facebook I'm hoping not. Have just gone into hair two dressing out points looks fantastic first hairdresser turns up when client books in uggs and no uniform no makeup and second trial let client walk out without paying even though he is ex Harrods arghhhhhhhh ! I feal like giving up too sometimes I've had a salon for 12 years good contacts and think it is hard with people under cutting prices etc. anyway maybe this week someone amazing will turn up !

Latest posts

Back