problem when using cristal ice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel17

Reaction score
After using Phd system for over 10 years I have now starting using PR Hot wax and all is great with that. However I have just bought the PR roller and use cristal ice in it. On two occasions the legs that I have waxed have been left with randam red marks. On my daughters legs this also happened and now they have started peeling. The PR roller is at a set temperature and the wax wasn't too hot. Have lost all confidence in the roller system but not sure what to do. Any suggestions as to why this could be happening??

It may be just me but with the PR cristal ice I tend to give the holder a shake upside down (with roller part pointing to floor) for say 30 seconds I find i get the red marks when the wax hasn’t hit the roller and therefore it drags the skin so making in red – i would give it a shake and even test it on a couple of paper strips till ur happy and the wax comes out and it less strained J

I bought the PR cartridge holder and I also found that it didn't heat up enough. I bought another one and it was exactly the same. It's very annoying that it has a set temperature.
I then bought a Hive 3 cartridge heater and that is so much better. I actually recently switched to the Salon System wax as well as I found that it was much better.
I'd try the Hive heater as you can use the PR cartridges in there and set the temperature a bit higher.

It may be just me but with the PR cristal ice I tend to give the holder a shake upside down (with roller part pointing to floor) for say 30 seconds I find i get the red marks when the wax hasn’t hit the roller and therefore it drags the skin so making in red – i would give it a shake and even test it on a couple of paper strips till ur happy and the wax comes out and it less strained J
When I go to use the Cristal Ice in my roller I run the roller over a clean waxing strip to get the wax flow srarted and when it runs through normally then I start with the waxing. I find that works better and I get a more even application with no dragging on the skin..
Jack

Latest posts

Back