Problem with bundle monster plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Hartill

Reaction score
hi i was brought the 2012 collection of bundle monster image plates as i saw some lovely nails on salon geek which had been stamped with these, i tried my set out yesterday and cant pick the image up from plate, i have a few konad plates (also brought for me for xmas) and i can pick these up fine, i can send the bundle monster plates back for a refund but i really wanted to stamp with them! I know some people say buff the stamper but it picks up the konad images fine so im thinking its the plates that r defective?

did you take the plastic seal off them? I made this mistake lol

The plastic coating is really hard to spot until you start picking at it.

hi i was brought the 2012 collection of bundle monster image plates as i saw some lovely nails on salon geek which had been stamped with these, i tried my set out yesterday and cant pick the image up from plate, i have a few konad plates (also brought for me for xmas) and i can pick these up fine, i can send the bundle monster plates back for a refund but i really wanted to stamp with them! I know some people say buff the stamper but it picks up the konad images fine so im thinking its the plates that r defective?

I have had this problem too, not with all the BM plates, just a few. The protective film has been removed,but on some of them the design just will not pick up. :irked:

Not sure if this will work for you, worth a try..but I find if I can't pick up an image i rub the stamper on a clean fresh piece of white paper and it then the design picks up..I have to do this every nail..quite annoying so safe to say I rarely use konad/monster stamping.

I also find that sometimes it depends on the polish you use to stamp with. If it's too thin and you take (too) long then it dries very quickly in the plate and you can no longer pick it up.

thank you for the tips, i decided to return them for a refund, i am gutted as really liked the designs, the plastic films were definately off as you could feel the image but it seemed not deep enough and the films were bright blue! I will buy some konad plates when i get refunded, i love stamping now!

That's a shame, I also have the 2012 bundle monster plates and don't have any problems with them, but you do need to take the time to practice a little with them, I find there just as good quality as konad. There's some really helpful posts on the Konad group to iron out problems. Salon Geek - Konad stamping geeks

Also I have found the Barry M silver and gold polishes are great for stamping, they work better than the Konad silver.

That's a shame, I also have the 2012 bundle monster plates and don't have any problems with them, but you do need to take the time to practice a little with them, I find there just as good quality as konad. There's some really helpful posts on the Konad group to iron out problems. Salon Geek - Konad stamping geeks

Also I have found the Barry M silver and gold polishes are great for stamping, they work better than the Konad silver.

Just a note here its on the Barry M SPECIAL EFFECTS POLISH RANGE in the gold & Silver that work. The Special Polishes have a ring around the lid are also available in Pink & a kind of lilac .... All their other normal polishes do not work...

Last edited:
Oh, that's really good to hear that the Barry M ones work well, I have the gold one already I think. I was having a blonde moment and recently ordered a gold Konad polish and ended up with their regular polish instead of their special stamping polish. Total idiot moment and needless to say, doesn't work at all as a stamping polish! xx

Latest posts

Back