Problem with eyelash glue - any ideas???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Cal

Reaction score
I am currently using Flirties eyelash glue and up until now have had no problems.

However over the last month I have had 1 client who said the lashes didnt last - literally they were falling out after a few days and 1 client who said her eyes were swollen and itchy and sore.

My first thought was maybe the glue had gone off or something, but I have done about 15 other clients during these appointments and noone else had any problems??

I am not sure if I should get another glue to use alongside flitries if anyone does have problems??

Does anyone know why this may happen or if any other glues are very good - ie long lasting and easy to work with

I currently use both flirties glues - it was the extra strength one where they fell off and the milder fumeless one where she had the reaction

Gutted as this is my most populartreatment and one was a referral from another client who has them all the time and refers loads of people to me!!

HELP!!

xx

Hi,
A few possibilities, the client whose lashes do not last long may just have naturally oily lashes so the glue does not adhere affectively. I have come across this once, I tried a different brand glue and still did not work. You may also need to check if and what products she might be using on them.
The other client sounds like a possibly allergic reaction. I would maybe try an alternative brand sensitive glue and see from there.
Unfortunately not everyone is suited to lashes and after 5 years of doing them Ive come across a few who for one reason and another just do not get on with them. Not great admitting this to a client but they were grateful and still have other treatments done.
Hope this helps a little
:confused:

P.S I use AH Francis and lashbond (hollywood lashes).

I am currently using Flirties eyelash glue and up until now have had no problems.

However over the last month I have had 1 client who said the lashes didnt last - literally they were falling out after a few days and 1 client who said her eyes were swollen and itchy and sore.

My first thought was maybe the glue had gone off or something, but I have done about 15 other clients during these appointments and noone else had any problems??

I am not sure if I should get another glue to use alongside flitries if anyone does have problems??

Does anyone know why this may happen or if any other glues are very good - ie long lasting and easy to work with

I currently use both flirties glues - it was the extra strength one where they fell off and the milder fumeless one where she had the reaction

Gutted as this is my most populartreatment and one was a referral from another client who has them all the time and refers loads of people to me!!

HELP!!

xx

Hi

It is likely to be client misuse/abuse if no one else had problems. Chances are she has applied something to her eyes that has affected the lashes or she has got them wet (or been in steamy places before they were set).

Regarding the lass whose eyes were itchy, it could be that she is not suited to having them and no matter what you were to use on her the result would be the same. Make sure you patch test before putting sets on new clients.:hug:

Some clients will even pull them off!

Yes, I agree with Julesgems, it is so important to do a patch test. God forbid if you did a full set on someone who was allergic to the products.

Latest posts

Back