Problems about gel polish's 13-free formula

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Castil nails

Reaction score
Hi there, is here anybody able to tell me that what is 13-free formula? Free what? I have searched the internet however found no description about the ingredients. Thank you.

It really doesn't mean anything. Usually when there is a chemical scare, its really just some fake news spreading lies about how bad nail products are. That said, there are a lot of ingredients in nail products that can give you an allergic reaction over time. The best precautions you can take is to wear nitrile gloves when you work.

It really doesn't mean anything. Usually when there is a chemical scare, its really just some fake news spreading lies about how bad nail products are. That said, there are a lot of ingredients in nail products that can give you an allergic reaction over time. The best precautions you can take is to wear nitrile gloves when you work.
thank you

Hi, as for 13-free, it is ORLY breathable treatment + color which is formulated without: Toluene, Formaldehyde, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Ethyl Tosylamide, Xylene, Triphenyl Phosphate (TPP), MEHQ/HQ, MIT, Parabens, Animal Derived Ingredients or Gluten. Hope that it can help you.

Wearing gloves doesn’t make it safer for the client though and that’s why these formulas are evolving. People do become allergic to the ingredients and that’s a serious issue. Nothing fake about it.

Wearing gloves doesn’t make it safer for the client though and that’s why these formulas are evolving. People do become allergic to the ingredients and that’s a serious issue. Nothing fake about it.

Some chemicals are more potent in their allergic causing abilities. Poison Ivy, for example, is very fast acting. But for these 13 ingredients, how do you know? And then how do you know that the ingredients in your products is not causing allergic reaction either?

So taking a general approach in safety is better for the nail tech since nail techs are more prone to allergies because they work with the material day in day out. As for the client, allergies is a risk they have to take if they want their nails done. But the risk isn't as high for them as a tech.

Some chemicals are more potent in their allergic causing abilities. Poison Ivy, for example, is very fast acting. But for these 13 ingredients, how do you know? And then how do you know that the ingredients in your products is not causing allergic reaction either?

How do I know? I know exactly which chemicals I’m allergic to because I had allergy testing done by a consultant dermatologist a few years ago.
Small quantities of known irritants are applied to the skin on your back in a grid pattern and checked after 3 days to see if any reaction has occurred. I had two separate tests done so a large number of chemical were checked.

If someone suffers an allergic response, their doctor should refer them for further tests. Whether that’s a client or the Tech.

How do I know? I know exactly which chemicals I’m allergic to because I had allergy testing done by a consultant dermatologist a few years ago.
Small quantities of known irritants are applied to the skin on your back in a grid pattern and checked after 3 days to see if any reaction has occurred. I had two separate tests done so a large number of chemical were checked.

If someone suffers an allergic response, their doctor should refer them for further tests. Whether that’s a client or the Tech.

So the products that you are using right now, you are not allergic to the ingredients?

So the products that you are using right now, you are not allergic to the ingredients?

No, because I no longer wear or offer nail services. My allergy response was affecting my breathing so it became quite serious. I stick to just hairdressing now and I’m very scrupulous about wearing gloves when colouring hair but obviously I was also a working nail tech previously.

No, because I no longer wear or offer nail services. My allergy response was affecting my breathing so it became quite serious. I stick to just hairdressing now and I’m very scrupulous about wearing gloves when colouring hair but obviously I was also a working nail tech previously.
Oh wow, I knew allergies were bad but I didn't know they can get that bad. Sry that had to happen to you.

That said, thats why I was recommending techs to wear nitrile gloves regardless of the ingredients. It covers all the bases(at least most of it)

This is what a patch test from a dermatologist looks like. Each patch is impregnated with a specific potential allergen. The reaction is checked after 2 and 4 days. You then receive a report listing the allergens you reacted to, with one or more "+" marks to show the level of reaction. Yes, this can be very uncomfortable.

allergy_patch_test.jpg

Hi, as for 13-free, it is ORLY breathable treatment + color which is formulated without: Toluene, Formaldehyde, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Ethyl Tosylamide, Xylene, Triphenyl Phosphate (TPP), MEHQ/HQ, MIT, Parabens, Animal Derived Ingredients or Gluten. Hope that it can help you.
wow, thank you.

Latest posts

Back