Problems curing “Maraschino Cherry” Gellux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missyslc

Reaction score
Hi all,
I love maraschino cherry gellux colour it’s one of my favourites however I am having problems curing it. My lamp is fine as all the other colours (with the exception of smoking hot) are curing fine. It’s just this particular colour is slightly coming off on my pad when I wipe away sticky residue when finished, & seems to be near enough wiping off where I have capped the nail. I have tried putting the nails back under the lamp for longer but it makes no difference. I have had this colour a while now & wonder if it just needs replacing but I seem to have the same problem with smoking hot. Has anyone else had this issue? If so any help would be appreciated or is it something I’m doing wrong? I am following the same process I do with all other colours which seem to be fine so I’m baffled ‍♀️.

Heya I don’t have those particular colours to check against my ones but with one of my red it does seem to have a lots of excess that wipes off, are you applying to product correctly and only wiping after your top coat?

Are you applying it in really thin coats, as with any gel brand if they are slightly too thick the more pigmented colours can have trouble curing.
However with reds & some darker colours you can have a little colour come off when cleansing but it shouldn’t be a huge amount. x

Heya I don’t have those particular colours to check against my ones but with one of my red it does seem to have a lots of excess that wipes off, are you applying to product correctly and only wiping after your top coat?
Yes definitely following the right procedure & only wiping off sticky residue after top coat but it just seems to wipe off a lot of colour like it’s not cured properly & in between colour layers i touched it slightly as it didn’t look fully cured & you could feel it wasn’t cured entirely so I have to put nails back under the lamp.

Yes definitely following the right procedure & only wiping off sticky residue after top coat but it just seems to wipe off a lot of colour like it’s not cured properly & in between colour layers i touched it slightly as it didn’t look fully cured & you could feel it wasn’t cured entirely so I have to put nails back under the lamp.

That’s odd if you are using the correct procedure and lamp, is it a new bottle?

Latest posts

Back