Problems removing Gelish with d-Solve-what did I do wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are not the only one to have these removal problems, but I'm always wary about posting as I seem to be the only one with difficulty. :o

I can do a 2 week old Gelish or a 4 week old Gelish and still have the same problem. I've tried D.Solve and NH Soak Off and it still never flakes off the nail as others seem to. I've tried buffing and not buffing and the only thing I haven't tried yet is a wheat bag.

I use a cotton wool pad quartered, soaked and wrapped in foil.

It's getting to the point I don't want to do a removal and would rather a client pick their Gelish off before coming to me so I don't have to deal with it - and I know that's just wrong.

It's the first one that hasn't come off easily - most of the ones I do the majority of the polish comes off when I twist the wrap off hence why I was so flummoxed.

Dol, I think my foundation is super thin, but I will pay particular attention to it in future, thanks for the tip. Is it not a 5 second cure for foundation in the LED lamp though?

Re the wheatbag, I know it's not necessary but my clients seem to like it and I find it has made it a little easier though. Won't be using it in the summer though and I am definitely going to try the apply to the first, then go back to remove the first when I have finished wrapping, but I think that will be on my willing hubby guinea-pig!

An as a separate update, I removed the Gelish on one of my own nails nail late last night (without using a wheat bag) and it slid off beautifully after 12 minutes so definitely delighted with the D-Solve! Must have just been all the other contributing factors which I will remember to take into account next time they come up!

Thanks for all your help :)

So it sounds like I'm definitely doing something wrong with my application. I go as thin as possible on coats, but maybe it's the foundation that's causing me problems. I don't get much movement at all when I take the wraps off, but I do go through wrapping each finger and starting back at the beginning again when I remove.

Yesterday I had such a nightmare with Sugar Daddy, it just didn't want to come off and felt all plastic-y.

I also fear toe removal for the same problem, and toes aren't exactly the most flexible digits to move about for the foil.

Last edited:
Dol, I think my foundation is super thin, but I will pay particular attention to it in future, thanks for the tip. Is it not a 5 second cure for foundation in the LED lamp though?
Ooops...I've got the 6g so it's a 10 sec cure for me, but I believe that the 18g is a 5 sec cure.
Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Yes 5 secs for base with 18g x

Latest posts

Back