Problems with splitting tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitty

Reaction score
Hello, I just wondered if I could get some advice, in the last couple of days I've had 2 clients call & tell me that their tips have cracked from the free edge. They are the same tips I've been using for ages & this is the 1st time someones complained of this problem to me. so what am I doing wrong?

Another bug bear I have at the moment is that I always seem to get a crack /tear at the side of the nails (inc my own) just where the tip ends on hte nail bed. Kind of difficult to explain but its always in the same spot, exactly at the end of the tip. So should I blend more? should I apply more prodcut to this area? Any ideas greatly recieved as its driving me mad!!

Sounds to me as if you are working a bit thin in that area. Easy enough problem to solve eh?
Sometimes in our zeal to make enhancements look as natural as possible we take it too thin. That is the edge of the stress area and is exactly where a natural nail would break if it was going to break ... a little reinforcement is needed. Not much, but more than you are doing.
Remember that thinness is an 'illusion'. If the free edge is thin then the rest will appear to be thin even if it isn't.
Make sure this area is properly re-inforced and you wil be allright.

That is the edge of the stress area and is exactly where a natural nail would break if it was going to break

Thats it!!! Thats exactly how I wanted to describe it!!

Thanks geeg, I knew you'd come through for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back