Proclere blue frosting oil bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi
I've recently started using this for my roots after reading about it on here.
Now for some reason twice now the mixture hasn't become thick?! I'm confused do you have to mix the entire batch each time or can you half the mix say for just half a head?

So the first time I used it I halved the mix so I did the back first, then mixed the rest fresh for the front. First mix was runny, second batch turned thick? I was really confused.
Bad batch or is it me not knowing the product.

Is there not anyone that uses this ?

A few girls used to bring it into college years ago but I've never personally used it, why do you use this rather than normal bleach if you don't mind me asking? As for the mixture if it's too runny add more powder and if it's too thick add more lotion

I've never used this product, but it seems like an old fashioned one. I'm guessing this since it's "frosting" bleach, and that's really not a term used in the industry anymore. I also wonder if its appropriate for on the scalp since frosting is an off the scalp technique.

You might try one of the lovely more modern cream bleaches like wella blondor cream, or famesi decolor cream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

It's specifically for on the scalp bleaching that's why I use it, I'm a full head bleach blonde these days!
It's probably an older make, it's what I thought I'd try as it supposed to be gentler. I also have Wella Blondor cream and powder but just wondered if I had a bad batch as thought it was more of a thicker consistency.

Also it comes with the booster sachets which is the powder you can't use more if you have already used the maximum!!
I know how to mix other bleaches I.e Wella Blondor cream and powder to get the right consistency I am a hairdresser lol
Just had the question about this particular bleach, seems a lot of new people on this site so I guess the people that used to use it on here have since left the forum. Oh well.

What ratio did you mix the blondor cream?

Think the Blondor cream is a 1:1.5 or 1:2 but I've not used that yet on my roots. I may do next time as not sure I'm getting the proclere.

Also it comes with the booster sachets which is the powder you can't use more if you have already used the maximum!!
I know how to mix other bleaches I.e Wella Blondor cream and powder to get the right consistency I am a hairdresser lol
Just had the question about this particular bleach, seems a lot of new people on this site so I guess the people that used to use it on here have since left the forum. Oh well.

So its a liquid with sachets of booster powder? It sounds exactly like clairol 7th stage creme lightner to me. I used it a fair bit 20 years ago. Found the consistency very erratic. But that one was meant for a bottle application so it would be thiner than a cream or a powder. Do the directions say to mix a maximum of three satchets with 4 0z of developer first, then add the blue oil?

You mix 50 ml of 6% peroxide then up to 4 packets of booster powder after that's mixed you add the oil.

Think the Blondor cream is a 1:1.5 or 1:2 but I've not used that yet on my roots. I may do next time as not sure I'm getting the proclere.

1:2 is best for scalp applications. Blondor cream is lovely, nicest bleach I've used, I'm surprised you thought it was too thick, always seems to be a lovely consistency, ironically 'creamy'.

You mix 50 ml of 6% peroxide then up to 4 packets of booster powder after that's mixed you add the oil.

That's the same as wella cream oil lightener (now discontinued) and clairol 7th stage (born blonde). Both of those were designed for applicator bottles, but you can use them for bowl and brush if you use cream peroxide instead of clear.
However, as i said, the consistency of those products was highly erratic even if the proportions are carefully weighed out.

I'd give silk lift by goldwell a try. If you have never used it, you'll be amazed by how kind it is to the hair.

I bleached my mom's hair (a former hairdresser and wella cream oil lightner addict all through the 90s) with it. She can't believe i used bleach as the integrity of her hair was maintained.

Are they powder boosters or gel boosters?

Latest posts

Back