Product from eBay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J3SSiiCA

Reaction score
Hi all, my friend just told me she bought some nail supplies from eBay such as tips, acrylic powder etc, personally I would never trust anything from eBay as most of it is from Hong Kong and could be anything!! Have any of you bought anything off eBay before? would like to know people's opinions on this issue, when I have had a nosey they are selling full nail kits for £30 just makes me wonder what it is they are actually selling because no way can it be legit!

I have bought a kit of eBay...
Soon learnt it was no good lol...
Acrylic went like a gloopy tacky mess.. Didnt set at all.. I'm no nail expert but it was defo cheap stuff from china. xxx

It's not worth the risk using it and its a waste of money. I'd avoid it.

xx

Hi all, my friend just told me she bought some nail supplies from eBay such as tips, acrylic powder etc, personally I would never trust anything from eBay as most of it is from Hong Kong and could be anything!! Have any of you bought anything off eBay before? would like to know people's opinions on this issue, when I have had a nosey they are selling full nail kits for £30 just makes me wonder what it is they are actually selling because no way can it be legit!

I have bought a kit of eBay...
Soon learnt it was no good lol...
Acrylic went like a gloopy tacky mess.. Didnt set at all.. I'm no nail expert but it was defo cheap stuff from china. xxx

My first intro into extensions was a kit from ebay. I think the only thing I've still got is the tip cutter and even that's gone unused as I'm learning to sculpt! Like LucindaTracey I found that no matter the mix of l&p I couldn't get it to set and the smell.... A house that smells like an NSS is no home at all! Luckily I came to my senses and got training!

The only stuff I get off eBay these days is practice tips (for my 'doodling') and cheapo rhinestones to experiment with. Neither will ever go near a client's nails so I see it like buying scrap paper for the kids.

My first intro into extensions was a kit from ebay. I think the only thing I've still got is the tip cutter and even that's gone unused as I'm learning to sculpt! Like LucindaTracey I found that no matter the mix of l&p I couldn't get it to set and the smell.... A house that smells like an NSS is no home at all! Luckily I came to my senses and got training!

The only stuff I get off eBay these days is practice tips (for my 'doodling') and cheapo rhinestones to experiment with. Neither will ever go near a client's nails so I see it like buying scrap paper for the

What's the difference with the rhinestones I mean I have bought the cheap ones from Hong Kong and the expensive ones sold in cosmoprof (from Hong Kong lol)

I get some glitters gems n tips from there but I wpuldent suggest purchasing no products as there stuff doesent meet British standards , could be dangerous stuff never mind them not working properly x

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I buy all of my nail art bits, gems, decals, 3d designs etc from ebay, and see no problem with that? But i would never buy products from ebay. All of my products are brought from official UK suppliers/distributors, for my own peace of mind, and also for insurance purposes! xx

I.WOULD.NOT.BUY.ANYTHINGFROM.EBAY.FOR.MY.PROFESSION!!! I learned that the bad way! They're so many people now trying to make a quick buck and then eff off! Don't buy anything from Ebay! It's not what it use to be! Too many greedy people trying to take advantage of ppl!

I buy all of my nail art bits, gems, decals, 3d designs etc from ebay, and see no problem with that? But i would never buy products from ebay. All of my products are brought from official UK suppliers/distributors, for my own peace of mind, and also for insurance purposes! xx

Me too. Great for nail art / orange stick etc not for products!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Yea have to agree with everyone, I get my orange sticks, decals and some glitter from eBay but everything else comes directly from professional website or I go to Capital which is 10 mins from me luckily, oh yea crystals I get from scatter crystals as that way I know they are genuine Swarovski but for practicing new designs I use cheap gems from eBay or amazon.

It's not worth the risk, you wouldn't want a professional to use ebay products on you if you went to them, I know I wouldn't.

I buy glitter, decals and nail art stuff from ebay and pop sticks etc but not actual product.

I might give the nail art things a go from eBay though but there is no way I would trust their monomer and powder! I think I read somewhere the glue some of them sell is actually carpet glue? X

i buy decals, gems/rhinestones, empty storage pots/tip boxes etc from ebay as thers loads of choice! i dont buy anything from china or japan though or any products xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

There are some bad sellers out there but I have an eBay shop and sell nail items , they are totally genuine and straight from supplier , think u just have to know who to trust !!

There are some bad sellers out there but I have an eBay shop and sell nail items , they are totally genuine and straight from supplier , think u just have to know who to trust !!

Yeah that's true it's not really fair on the genuine sellers with all the crap that's being sold, what's the link to your shop Hun if you don't mind me having a look x

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's true it's not really fair on the genuine sellers with all the crap that's being sold, what's the link to your shop Hun if you don't mind me having a look x

I could be wrong because I haven't my CND lamp beside me at the moment but I do believe they are made in China ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I could be wrong because I haven't my CND lamp beside me at the moment but I do believe they are made in China ....

Everything in the states I pretty much from china hahahahaha :)

If your going to charge a client for a high quality product you should have at least bought the real thing otherwise that's just dirty and unprofessional.

Closing thoughts: as professionals, we should be purchasing our supplies from authorized distributors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back