product placement help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkirocco

Reaction score
I am finding it very difficult to get my product placement right. I wonder if anyone can recomend something to help. I cant afford anymore training at the moment or i would have a one to one. can anyone recommend any videos that could help? Sometimes my nails look good and other times look pants. I dont seem to have a consistant routine with placing my beads. can anyone help ? My zone 3 is still a problem and i have read all the tutorials and practised loads but i am just not getting the results i want.

What exactly is wrong with your bead placement?
If it is mainly zone 3...could you tell us where you are placing your bead...and the size...
You have to place the bead just at the end of zone 2, not close to the cuticle as when you press the bead it will move down the nail. Therefore if it is too close in the first place it could end up flooding on to the skin. Is this the problem you are having?

The tutorials on here regarding brush control could help.

I don't want to speculate too much here though...so some more info from you would help.

Thanks for the reply. it is zone 3 more than anything. I am placing the bead on zone 2 . It is really hard to explain but sometimes when i use a smaller bead (zone 3) As i push it towards the cuticle (leaving a small gap) the acrylic seems to pucker up slightly. Am i making any sense to anyone?

Sorry, how d'you mean, pucker up? x

I know i am not describing this very well. It is like it goes on too thin, sometimes it has lile little craters in it and then when i file it afterwards it comes away leaving it uneven at the cuticle

I think it sounds like the angle of your brush is the problem not where you are putting the product.

The angle you place the product needs to change with each zone.It sounds like you are 'stabbing' the product rather than pressing.

I'm sure Gigi has a tutorial about this if not it is in her book nail class.

HTH

If it comes away as you file it, it sounds as if it may not have set properly? If you use too much liquid it will take much longer to set. Don't know about the little craters in it, though.

I'm not how to link to the article but I have just checked, and it is in there xx

Thanks i will read it again. I am thinking it might be brush angle and working slightly too wet.

I think it sounds like the angle of your brush is the problem not where you are putting the product.

The angle you place the product needs to change with each zone.It sounds like you are 'stabbing' the product rather than pressing.

HTH
absolutely agree with you. keep the flags of your brush in the tiny free margin..slightly beyond your l&p..dont forget a nice push/pull action in one fluid movement.
IMO smiles and zone 3 are the most difficult aspects of application to perfect..but it is all in how you use your brush, providing you have your ratio spot on to begin with.

HTH
ditto.
http://www.salongeek.com/preparatio...sh-control-part-2-getting-angles.html?garpg=1
http://www.salongeek.com/preparatio...t-control-part-4-zone-3-making-disappear.html

Thanks i will read it again. I am thinking it might be brush angle and working slightly too wet.

Yes I think you may have cracked what it is...hopefully now you will solve it.

Thanks for the replies. been practising this eve and seems much better so will keep trying xxx

Latest posts

Back