Product removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitterball

Reaction score
I bought those little dipper finger soaker thingies for removing acrylic enhancements but they are not that great - leaking, gripping too tight etc..

What methods do you find are most effective for removing product?

xx

I use cotton wool & tin foil method.

Dip cotton wool into the remover then place into the nail & then wrap the tin foil over. I find this works best.

I have never used those little dippers but I havent heard many great reviews about them!!

HTH's

At the moment I am using the black bowls with holes for each finger, I want to try the tin foil and cotton wool thing but am not confident that it will totally soak L&P off. How long does it take? My L&P soak off is usually about 25 mins!

At the moment I am using the black bowls with holes for each finger, I want to try the tin foil and cotton wool thing but am not confident that it will totally soak L&P off. How long does it take? My L&P soak off is usually about 25 mins!

I actually find it takes about 10-15 minutes. I put a few drops of solar oil in my bowl & then heat up in the microwave for about 15 seconds, dip the cotton wool in the remover & wrap in tin foil ... the tin foil keeps the heat in.

Im sure I have read it on here before! I have tried just soaking off in a bowl, but found that takes longer!

I just done a search for "soak off" and it came up with loads of threads ... here's one: http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/53666-tutorial-removing-full-sets.html

HTH's

I actually find it takes about 10-15 minutes. I put a few drops of solar oil in my bowl & then heat up in the microwave for about 15 seconds, dip the cotton wool in the remover & wrap in tin foil ... the tin foil keeps the heat in.

Im sure I have read it on here before! I have tried just soaking off in a bowl, but found that takes longer!

I just done a search for "soak off" and it came up with loads of threads ... here's one: http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/53666-tutorial-removing-full-sets.html

HTH's

please tell me you are not putting product remover/acetone in the microwave.:eek:

this is potentially very hazardous and could go horribly wrong.

it is much safer to provide the heat indirectly, eg. resting the hands on a hot water bottle or heat pad after the remover has been applied tio the fingers.

Thanks for your replies. Will try the warming method with cotton and tinfoil to see if I get on any better. x

Thanks for your replies. Will try the warming method with cotton and tinfoil to see if I get on any better. x

As said previously though, please DO NOT heat product remover/acetone up in the microwave :eek:. If you want to warm your product the best way to do it is after it is on the nail with a wheat bag, warm towel etc

As said previously though, please DO NOT heat product remover/acetone up in the microwave :eek:. If you want to warm your product the best way to do it is after it is on the nail with a wheat bag, warm towel etc

I had a look through on here to see if I could find it on here & I couldn't ... I checked through my previous course notes & its in there for removal. :irked:

I knew I had seen it somewhere ... I will be using warm towels from now on. Thanks peeps!

I had a look through on here to see if I could find it on here & I couldn't ... I checked through my previous course notes & its in there for removal. :irked:

sorry to sound daft, but are you saying it says to warm it up in the microwave in your notes?

I knew I had seen it somewhere ... I will be using warm towels from now on. Thanks peeps!
:hug:

Could you boil the kettle and put some hot water in a bowl then place a bowl of acetone on top and use the steam to heat through? or is this dangerous too?

Could you boil the kettle and put some hot water in a bowl then place a bowl of acetone on top and use the steam to heat through? or is this dangerous too?

Boiling water would be way too hot, warm water from the tap would be fine though, and then place a bowl of acetone into the bowl of warm water.

You don't sound daft at all hun :hug:, I feel daft'er for saying it now ... & not even thinking 'you know this is flammable liquid & I'm putting in my microwave!!'

Yes says in my notes, I havent infront of me now as I'm at work, not my CND notes ... from my VTCT!! I was actually reading through them last night, first time since I left & since done my CND training, & the standard is really poor!!:eek:

Latest posts

Back