PROFESSIONAL opinions on glue in wefts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks,i am just after your opnion on the glue in weft hair extensions.

I appreciate they can not be compared to other extension methods as they are now so advanced,but i am curious as to where you stand on these when applied and removed by someone trained to do so ?

Are the damaging at all ?

Are they a good add on / temp service ?

Any hair pro's willing to share stories ? Many thanks :D

good thread hun, i cant sat i know a lot about glue in wefts , as the ones i have seen were clip in ones
hopefully will get some goos replies xxx

good thread hun, i cant sat i know a lot about glue in wefts , as the ones i have seen were clip in ones
hopefully will get some goos replies xxx

well as I'm not a hair geek I cannot comment on here...BUT I have been doing this type of extension for about 13 years so if anyone would like me to answer any questions please feel free to pm me:hug:xx

well as I'm not a hair geek I cannot comment on here...BUT I have been doing this type of extension for about 13 years so if anyone would like me to answer any questions please feel free to pm me:hug:xx

Is this self tought hun ?

Is this self tought hun ?

weeeeeeeellllllll..........yes and no lol, I worked at a salon that used to do this type of 'quickie extension' and the owner taught me how to do it, he is a regional trainer, Great, I think, this is fun and I enjoy it....I was a schoolkid at the time, perfecting my dread extensions, so created all kinds of mad do's!

Then I became the resident salon babysitter so quit my job. Anyway to cut a loooooong story short, I carried on doing it for my friends. Word spread that this was something I could do for cheap (I only use human hair for this, and of course never charge anyone, they just pay for the hair)

So to answer your question I have never done any official course for this type of service, but I would consider myself experienced to a degree. best of luck xxx

i always said i would never use these after seeing my friend with bald patches after takiong hers out! but i decided to try as she hadnt taken hers out properly. but i have to say when i took them out using the remover and properly, i lost quite a bit of hair from the sides of my hair, so much so i decided i had to glue them back in! so did so then the next time i took them out i decided to buy some clip in ones and have used them ever since and love them!! a lot of the girls at work use the glue in wefts and all say there hair falls out ofterwards, but they're all young so dont seem to care!! i felt phsically sick when i took mine out!!!

I have put in & removed, never had a problem. No-one has bald patches. Everyone loses up to 100 hairs a day so if the extensions have been in over a week obviously some hairs come away on the weft.

Latest posts

Back