Professionalism saves the day ... and possibly a life.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
This is a perfect example of professional behaviour from a real professional nail technician and I am so proud of one of our educators for sending me this story and for doing exactly as she should have done in this situation. No histrionics, no diagnosis, no scaring the client; just sound professional advice that has according to the medics not only saved this client's toe, but possibly her whole foot!! Take heed as this is a great example of how professional should be.

I wonder what others would have done in this same situation?

Have to share this with you. A regular Shellac finger client wanted her toes to match for a special occasion. I noticed she had an irregular colour on her big toe and advised GP contact before I would agree to work on it. She put it off a while but said it was getting painful.

Next visit I insisted she go to the doctor. She did, that day. I received a text last night to say cancel her Shellac appointment as she was in hospital, had an op on the toe due to severe deep infection and surgeon says if I hadn't been insistent she could have lost her whole toe or even worse!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a perfect example of professional behaviour from a real professional nail technician and I am so proud of one of our educators for sending me this story and for doing exactly as she should have done in this situation. No histrionics, no diagnosis, no scaring the client; just sound professional advice that has according to the medics not only saved this client's toe, but possibly her whole foot!! Take heed as this is a great example of how professional should be.

I wonder what others would have done in this same situation?

Wow! Sounds like fate was looking out for her in how she wanted the pedicure which resulted in her toes being seen by someone who could give her that information.

Hope shes all ok now x

Just goes to show that we shouldn't diagnose or guess just to make the clients and ourselves feel good!!

Well done to that tech! :)
And thanks for sharing Gigi xx

Just goes to show that we shouldn't diagnose or guess just to make the clients and ourselves feel good!!

Well done to that tech! :)
And thanks for sharing Gigi xx

To give her her full due, the technician was CND EA Della Lavers from Truro and she has one very grateful client. One oh so important aspect of our job has been executed perfectly and I posted because so many would have gone ahead with the treatment and put money first ... or not been insistent with the client in making her seek medical attention.A great example to all of us.

That's my teacher! Well done Della!!! Ill be seeing you soon I expect x

I'm lucky to have had first hand experience with Della, she taught me Brisa :biggrin:
So not at all surprised to hear it was her :hug:

Latest posts

Back