Promoting intimate waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3 WISHES

Reaction score
Hi I trained with waxperts in intimate waxing 3 weeks ago!! I absolutely love it and I'm raving in about it but the problem in getting is people don't reay want the waxing done because it's intimate. I've assured them it's professional and comfortable but I'm struggling getting clients to take the plunge. Anybody else had problems with this at first? Any tips of how I can get people in for the treatment? Tia xx

Just keep talking about it, seem excited, create a buzz that you are using an amazing wax with an amazing technique.

You have to understand it's not for everyone but more you talk about it openly the more easy it will be for your clients to book in. It will be slow at first , but once you done a good job on a few of them the good word will spread :)

Whereabouts are you? I need mine done!

Cwmbran South Wales 😀 xx

Have you got many high bikini clients? Could offer them a one time discount on brazilians and see what they think? And give some of your most talkative friends a one off freebie?!

Snap! Trained 3 weeks ago and struggling to get it out there, so to speak!

I am doing a full body wax on a body builder on Friday though and have offered the brazillian for free! That way I get to practise and she will get to experience how good it is! She will also promote it for me so hopefully it will be worth it.

I have put a few posts on Facebook saying I was doing/have done intimate training. Have you done that? It's hard isn't it?

I'm going to be in the exact same boat after my Kim Lawless female intimate waxing course in December.
I've got a Facebook page and I'm going to set up a website. There are other threads on websites but other waxers have said this was a brilliant tool they used as well as word of mouth!

I will be telling everyone about it...it's just getting people in. I was also thinking about doing t-shirts as you will then be wearing your advertising?
I'll be watching this thread for more ideas.

SophistiKated x

I'm going to be in the exact same boat after my Kim Lawless female intimate waxing course in December.
I've got a Facebook page and I'm going to set up a website. There are other threads on websites but other waxers have said this was a brilliant tool they used as well as word of mouth!

I will be telling everyone about it...it's just getting people in. I was also thinking about doing t-shirts as you will then be wearing your advertising?
I'll be watching this thread for more ideas.

SophistiKated x

...please tell me you mean intimate waxing t-shirts..?!?! I'd LOVE to see how they come out!!!!! 😂😂😂

...please tell me you mean intimate waxing t-shirts..?!?! I'd LOVE to see how they come out!!!!! 😂😂😂

Yes that's right.
As my company name is called SophistiKated nails and beauty I am thinking of having a question on the back asking - Have you been intimately SophistiKated? If not, ask me how....!

It may get a few raised eyebrows and perhaps some curious individuals or perverts but if it gets the clients in I really don't mind.

SophistiKated x

Do some friends and get them to put reviews on fb. I get all my clients from recommendations now, mostly from a local fb page just for women in my town. There's 6000 members and if anyone asks about waxing my name is mentioned all the time, it's my busiest and favourite treatment. It's all about good wax, good technique (Kim's) and making people feel comfortable. X

Could be taken in the wrong way! Massively!

Yes that's right.
As my company name is called SophistiKated nails and beauty I am thinking of having a question on the back asking - Have you been intimately SophistiKated? If not, ask me how....!

It may get a few raised eyebrows and perhaps some curious individuals or perverts but if it gets the clients in I really don't mind.

SophistiKated x

I hope you didn't take my reaction badly - I think the tshirts are a brilliant idea and will definitely get people talking!!! I think it was just my overactive imagination of what you may put on an intimate waxing promo tshirt that got me giggling!!!!

I'm sure most creeps wouldn't have the guts to come up and talk to you to be honest. Much more likely to pull in clients when you're out and about doing chores! Let us know how it goes :)

If you're putting the question on the back, you could put something like a pic of legs on the front (nether regions left to the imagination where the tshirt stops!).... Although may work better drawn/cartoon style and not as a photo. Just an idea :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414018579.161754.jpg

Do some friends and get them to put reviews on fb. I get all my clients from recommendations now, mostly from a local fb page just for women in my town. There's 6000 members and if anyone asks about waxing my name is mentioned all the time, it's my busiest and favourite treatment. It's all about good wax, good technique (Kim's) and making people feel comfortable. X

Can you elaborate on the local fb page your town has? This sounds like an excellent tool for gaining clients. Did you advertise on it to start with?
There are a couple of selling pages in my town is this the sort of thing?

SophistiKated x

If you're putting the question on the back, you could put something like a pic of legs on the front (nether regions left to the imagination where the tshirt stops!).... Although may work better drawn/cartoon style and not as a photo. Just an idea :)

View attachment 77400

I absolutely didn't take offence to your reaction at all! Love the fact you have a sense of humour!
I know I will have to be careful of wording as it could be interpreted many ways. Perhaps Are you intimately sophistiKated? As the question sounds better but this is what brain storming is all about.
I love the pic of legs idea then at least they've got something to think on rather than a dirty mind?
In a way though that's what you want is to be asked as your promoting your business.

SophistiKated x

I absolutely didn't take offence to your reaction at all! Love the fact you have a sense of humour!
I know I will have to be careful of wording as it could be interpreted many ways. Perhaps Are you intimately sophistiKated? As the question sounds better but this is what brain storming is all about.
I love the pic of legs idea then at least they've got something to think on rather than a dirty mind?
In a way though that's what you want is to be asked as your promoting your business.

SophistiKated x

Ahh good!! 😊😊

What about if you put something like 'why not try getting intimately SophistiKated?' And then underneath put 'mobile beauty/salon in.... And website etc' so people know it's definitely beauty related and nothing naughty!

Then if the legs are on the front of the the tshirt, on your website you could do a value added offer - book in for intimate waxing and get a complimentary half leg wax (or something along those lines!)

Loving this idea - want you to get the tshirts printed ASAP so we can see how the campaign goes for you! Xxx

I find that creating the illusion that you're busy with a particular treatment (even if you're not) generates a buzz and generates more bookings.

If you've got a Facebook page try saying that intimate waxing appointments are going fast, make out like you're doing lots of them and people need to book fast for you to be able to squeeze them in.

Can you elaborate on the local fb page your town has? This sounds like an excellent tool for gaining clients. Did you advertise on it to start with?
There are a couple of selling pages in my town is this the sort of thing?

SophistiKated x

It's called Maidenhead Gossip Girls. 3 ladies set it up and women basically ask anything on there or recommend people. It's brilliant and I've literally had hundreds of intimate clients since my name started being mentioned in March. It's such a niche market, people do do intimate where I live but not really with hot wax and not very well. It's the sort of treatment clients want recommendations for rather than trying out different salons so it's great for me.

I find that creating the illusion that you're busy with a particular treatment (even if you're not) generates a buzz and generates more bookings.

If you've got a Facebook page try saying that intimate waxing appointments are going fast, make out like you're doing lots of them and people need to book fast for you to be able to squeeze them in.

Loving this idea! Thank you KrissKross

SophistiKated x

Latest posts

Back