Promoting nail art - mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty

Reaction score
I'm not just talking basics like konad stamping (although I love it). I mean designs using coloured powders, glitters, impression tools etc. Most of my clients want basic pink and whites which is fine, but I'm sure lots of them would love some serious nail art if only they knew about it!

I know one of the best ways to promote, is to wear it myself but I only have 10 nails! I have tried putting a portfolio together but can't seem to get good enout pics, either the light reflects off the nails and distorts the pic or there's not enough light so you can't see the design!

Nail art is my true passion, I love it and the more clients I can get walking around with funky designs the better!

Any advice welcome.

yipee for you!!!! girl after my own heart :green: wear it and love it, take pots and sticker packs with you and try to get some pics together even if not your work (obviously not passing it off as your own) but just as an ideas gallery, offer a bit for free on their first try they will love it and want more and more every time start people gently, most will convert, have fun x

Didn't think I could use pics that are not mine, but if I can then that seems like a great way to promote ideas. Thanks for the suggestion!

Didn't think I could use pics that are not mine, but if I can then that seems like a great way to promote ideas. Thanks for the suggestion!

I think it depends on who's pics they are. Some are happy for you to do it, some are not. Best to contact whoever did the work though xxxxxx

you can display 10 different ones at all times by doing each of your own nails with a different theme.

when i worked in a salon i had a plastic name badge on my uniform and i would decorate a tip and blu tac it onto the badge to wear as well as decorating the badge itself with my 3d work. change the tip every day.

you could put clients on your facebook page and post nail art photos on tips so they would see your ideas.

decorate some 'wheels' of tips with various designs and take them with you to appointments.
decorate the tops of your powder jars with art and 3d work.

on the photo issue. turn off the flash on your camera and go into natural daylight outside for the best quality pics. alternatively take the pics before the gloss goes on the nail as this is what usually causes problems with the flash reflecting off it.

you can use pictures as inspiration, just do not ever claim they are your own even by photocopying libary books, using magazine articles, collect a range to show people if you see some good ideas email the person who took the photo's most people are happy for you to use therir pictures as inspiration.

Thanks everyone, that's really helpfull!

Build a simple website add lots of your photos , add your website adress to all of your cads flyers aftercare ect ,run local ads and put your web adress on there two people will soon find you :)
face book and my space pagers are good to,

Why not just update your nails every 2 weeks with a new design? That way your clients will get to see a new one each time they see you.

Why dont you do some on some faulse nails and attach them with blue tack to a display stand. you can hold them over the clients nails to see if they like the look before doing them properly.
Just an idea :biggrin:

Something else that I did at work was I got a digital photo frame up loaded some of my photos and I put it in the waiting area, and window in the salon it was good as it was very easy to add new pics to or remove ones (like the xmass nail art) Another thing I did was use it to promote new offers and products and seasonal greetings, that was dont using paint lol ,

Thanks again everyone!

Try all the above but do be warned that there WILL be clients who hate nail art and will not want it no matter what :wink2:

Oh and re the pictures, I don't know what you're taking pics on - whether it's a camera or a mobile, but if it's a camera, using the "macro" setting is best for getting good close up pics too.

8 out of 10 clients who enter the salon i work in walk out with some sort of nail art !!! :)

Lellipop, if they don't want it I won't force it on them lol, I'm just sure a lot of them would love it if only they knew about it. When I started learning about nails I had no idea just how many types of nail art there were, I guess that sort of thing just isn't readily available aroung here!

***juice*** I have a super macro setting which is fab, it's just the light I have a problem with. I create a lovely curved nail and no matter what I do the light seems to reflect and you can't see the design anymore, it's so frustrating!

lissa, I wish lol, 8 out of 10 would be great!

Latest posts

Back