Protect yourself against Ebay & Paypal scams.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackieMc

Reaction score
You know those pesky emails 'supposedly' from Ebay or Paypal asking you to click on a link and sign in etc? Well I'm usually clued up on these things and have never fallen for one yet, BUT, I just got one sent to me that almost had me fooled - it was supposedly from one of the people I have recently bought something from, saying they had just sent my item and to please leave them feedback when it arrived. I've just bought 4 items over the last couple of days so clicked on the link to see which item it was, and just stopped myself signing on in time!

So I logged onto the proper Ebay site to see where to send the 'spoof' email and found this handy little tool under their safety centre. Here's the direct link if you want it, but if you want ot be extra cautious, just log into the proper Ebay site, click on 'community' then under 'whats new' there's a link to 'Say No to Spoofs! Check out the Safety Centre'. Click on this and download the tool. At one point it does ask you for your Ebay and Paypal passwords but you don't have to put them in.

The direct link is:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/spoof.html

It installs a tool on your desktop which, when you get an email from either Paypal or Ebay and you click on the link contained in it, it will turn red to warn you if it's a 'spoof' website just after your identity etc., or it will turn green if it's a genuine site. I've tried t and it's great.

Hopefully this will help prevent more people being conned by these scams.

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design

thanks for the info:Scared:

Clever girl..... thanks for that. :Kissing:

Thanks for that jackie will download that better to be safe than sorry, i nearly got done by a paypal one this weeka s well.
x

Latest posts

Back