Protein Bond

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stook

Reaction score
Hi there.

A fellow tech has loaned me some Protein Bond whilst she's on holiday which I'm planning to use on a chip prone client tomorrow. It's just the bottle so has no instructions.

I will be applying it under Gel II and understand it should be applied to the tips of the nails after watching the Youngs YouTube video.

However, I'm sure I've read somewhere that the PB should be cured. In the YouTube presentation it doesn't say this. Should I cure it or leave it to dry?

My plan was to do usual PEP, cleanse the nail and then use the Youngs before gel colour application.

If anyone can help me to use this correctly I'd be grateful.

X

You can double protein bond and cure for 30 seconds for prone lifters but to be honest just using one thin coat under my gel polish to make it last forever I struggle to remove as easy! Xx

No need to cure, just let it dry.

You can double protein bond and cure for 30 seconds for prone lifters but to be honest just using one thin coat under my gel polish to make it last forever I struggle to remove as easy! Xx

Sorry Paige I don't understand what you mean (probably being completely dumb...my fault) do you mean its easy to remove and great at keeping the gel on with no chips? x

Is this meant to make gel last longer on problem nails? X

Protein Bond is great. I use it for prone lifting client or clients that chip or have peeling nails. I use 1 coat and let dry. If extra coat is needed for clients that chip more I add a second coat and cure for 10 seconds. X

Interesting, Thankyou [emoji1] x

Sorry to just jump in - I started using protein bond a week ago on chip prone clients.. I use it at the free edge as per the YouTube video instruction under shellac or gel II. Does anyone use it under gel polish and apply it to the whole nail? I'm just curious ... And also if u do that is it a lot harder to remover? Many thanks :)

It is harder to remove so personally I'd only use it on the tips/free edge for those prone to lifting.

There's no need to cure it

I personally always put it over the whole nail as sometimes if I have my nails long, because there is lots of free edge and mph nails are not that strong it lifts from cuticle end so I find this helps x

Protein bond is magic in a bottle for me. Just apply to tips and free edge before base coat. I don't cure x

Latest posts

Back